Social distancing and the Memorial

by Kingdavid41 19 Replies latest social current

•  Kingdavid41
    Kingdavid41

With the coronavirus now categorized as a Global pandemic and many large gatherings are now social distancing for safety concerns of contacting and spreading the virus.

Will the memorial of Christ death take place on April 7 2020 worldwide where thousands will gaether in large crowds to commemorate the death of Jesus as commanded in the Bible. Jesus gave the command to keep doing this in Remembrance of him or will sound, reasonableness and good judgment for safety overrule on that special night. My guess is that it will not be canceled regardless of the frightening and very real pandemic the virus has caused around the world!

What Do you think? I welcome all feedback.

• caves
    caves

I wouldn't be surprised if it was streamed live at Warwick and recorded by the GB. Log into jwbroadcasting and celebrate the memorial behind a screen. Asking the ones who watched it to report themselves as having watched.

The partakers to find their own wine and bread.

It would actually fit in nicely with the direction I think they might could head in regards online meetings. Then from there they could start charging a monthly subscription fee.

Only hold 'in real life' gatherings once a month or something. Or just at the assemblies after the pandemic is over. Seems like the perfect storm for this.

Reasoning and sound judgment you say? The GB? Never! Only fake empathy. Supported by non fake money.

Conversely, I can see everyone wearing plastic gloves, face masks, and a few wine stained masks.

Also I could see it split up. Small house gatherings.

Would not surprise me if its a combo of all of this.

Sure will be interesting.

• Simon
    Simon

Something to warn the public about - kind of like that nutty sect in South Korea that spread the virus, dangerous zealots that put others at risk.

• caves
    caves

Something to warn the public about - kind of like that nutty sect in South Korea that spread the virus, dangerous zealots that put others at risk.

Yes it is something to warn the public about.

I'm curious how they will get non members to go if they are not going door to door as much right now and in some places not at all? It il be interesting to see if the attendance numbers drop. Which could easily be used as "the love of the greater number "cooling off". '

• waton
    waton

In Italy at least it could be back to basics, a family passover, and why not? everyone have a glass and the pane? for all com-pan-ions? sooner or later?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I see the meetings, assemblies, and even the Memorial going to online presentations -- AS LONG AS CONTRIBUTIONS FLOW INTO THEM VIA ONLINE CONTRIBUTIONS

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Just yesterday I Mentioned to my pimi wife that they may cancel the Memorial this year due to the need for 'social distancing'!

Her reply was that she didn't think that was even conceivable because of it's biblical example and importance and that jesus himself instituted it.

I sort of agreed with her and then I added; "I wonder haw many attended that first memorial that jesus instituted?"

The sound of silence rang loudly!

just saying!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    I sort of agreed with her and then I added; "I wonder haw many attended that first memorial that jesus instituted?"

You should also ask her, since Jesus set up the institution and how it was to be conducted, "How many observers were invited from the Great Crowd?"

• St George of England
    St George of England

One thing you can be sure of, if the memorial does go ahead, it will be solely the decision of the local elders. In no way would the WT Society take any responsibility for the outcome if things went wrong.

George

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

St George

Carefully couched wordss: "a reasonable decision would be..." they are very good at giving direction with a deniability clause

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit