Social distancing and the Memorial

by Kingdavid41 19 Replies latest social current

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

waton >

In Italy at least it could be back to basics, a family passover, and why not? everyone have a glass and the pane? for all com-pan-ions? sooner or later?

I would love to hear from some Italian JWs how they handle this. Are there any special instructions read from the platform?
  • EverApostate
  • Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Just had a update from a Uber relative in a former Communist country working at the bethel which is on lock down,no meeting, ministry.but they will get to work all weekend in bethel.

They also said Italy are advised to prepare for smaller groups for the memorial.

Another relative commenting on it says Jehovah will make it happen it's practice for harder times.

How did I ever believe that rubbish

• Giordano
    Giordano

At the present time I am not meeting with any group. I am postponing any non emergency medical appointment, Dentist etc. If I was an active miserable JW instead of a very happy ex JW I would not be attending any meetings. Groups are danger zones.

And yes this may become a 'growing trend' among the JW community. Give them freedom from meetings and perhaps...hopefully......... some may never return. "It's ok I'll just sit with the phone and listen to the meeting". Snore

Let's keep in mind that this is not an air born disease but a touch disease.

It can stay active on any surface for up to a week as far as I have been informed.

That's not a handkerchief poking out of my breast suit jacket pocket....... it's a disinfectant wipe.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Loved your post Gio, except for: Let's keep in mind that this is not an air born disease but a touch disease.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317632#Overview-of-airborne-diseases

From that medical News Today article on airborne diseases: "And a person also spreads the disease through their breath, particularly by sneezing and coughing, and through phlegm."

With Kung Flu we have a 6 foot warning because of droplets from coughs. That's airborne enough for me.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think it will be cancelled, with a broadcast to replace it

I just can’t see how it can go ahead

• Dubtown
    Dubtown

i asked a jw this week. 'we must obey god as ruler rather than men' OR 'be obedient to the superior authorities'

which is it when you are told to isolate from others?

oh we must obey god is the answer!

uhh no, she has been told not to attend meeting or go out on service!

no way memorial takes place with stuffed full hall with the infected all touching the same cup and plate. [not partaking of course, that is only for those who might be mental]

***already in uk memorial invites are not being distributed to public***

• St George of England
    St George of England
    ***already in uk memorial invites are not being distributed to public***

That campaign should start tomorrow, I didn't know it was cancelled. We just had 20,000 overprinted with date, time and location!

George

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Remember: " we are COMMANDED to go to meeting and door to door "

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I guess "social distancing" will be on a par with self-disfellowshiping..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit