Music. YANNI

by zeb 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• zeb
    zeb

Has anyone been to a concert by Yanni?

• blondie
    blondie

No, I barely know who he is, is he the one who plays the irritating pan pipe?

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry, that was mean, I was just remembering the flood of commercials on tv some years ago. I guess it is a personal taste.

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

Yes, I have been to a Yanni concert.

No, he sounds nothing like Zamfir: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ISe0fdoaPs

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Yep, was invited by a friend who was a concert pianist at the time. The event was in Sacramento, Ca. over 25 years ago.

• titch
    titch

No, never have been to one of his concerts, but I'd LIKE to. Yanni's music, to me, is VERY refreshing and stimulating. And, he and I are the same age, having been born in 1954. The very first CD of his music that I bought, was the "Live At The Acropolis" album; and I've bought several of his CDs since that one. I even have the combo DVD/CD of that concert, "Live At The Acropolis". His music always enthralls me. Best Regards, everyone.

Titch.

• titch
    titch

Anyway, Folks, it's on my "bucket list", to attend a concert by Yanni. Perhaps some day.

Titch.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    • sorry, that was mean, I was just remembering the flood of commercials on tv some years ago. I guess it is a personal taste.
      Oh Blondie LMAO you and me both!! Actually it was more than a few years ago LoL! It used to drive me Potty!
    • (Im sure it’s an extremely skilled instrument and I’m probably just showing my ignorance....that or it’s a generational thing LoL)
  • zeb
    zeb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQqne-ffN_o

enjoy! this music is celestial..

Yanni ! Australia beckons.. ...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I saw Zamfir but not Yanni. I had heard they were somewhat similar in their music. Zamfir had always been on my bucket list. Yes, I saw him perform but not in an actual concert.

I saw him at an opening for a new Home Depot in our area a number of years ago.

He had a small stage set up in the plumbing department and was trying out the various types of PVC pipes. He had dozens of jars of pipe cement open in the aisle. It really set the mood for his performance.

He seemed very interesting and cool. He signed autographs after his performance.

I bought a 2" x 3/4" PVC coupler that he autographed for me.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit