Have the Governing Body caught themselves out in a lie?

by slimboyfat 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    I know in the hall i go to - the number they pledged was more than 20 times the amount usually contributed for KH Building. In fairness to the people there - but elder who made the announcement and led the vote was so confusing - no one really knew what they were doing.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    This could very well be the results of the rank and file having lack of money due to discouragement of education or a good job. They could very well be reaping the fruits of asking for money too much and the rank and file having meager paying jobs. Low paying jobs for obeying the Borg too much, and being asked for donations everytime you turn-around
  • sir82
    sir82

the number they pledged was more than 20 times the amount usually contributed for KH Building.

Ha ha - us too!

Our congregation pledged to send a monthly amount about equal to what we collect in a whole year.

And like 2/3 didn't even turn in a slip.

The COBE just pulled a number out of his derriere and we voted on that.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

SBF

every KH I am aware of donates more than what their mortgage was

i know of a KH that was built just after this change and the donations committed by numerous surrounding congs were still collected by the WTS even after the arrangement was in effect

over a million in donations as I understood

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

over a million in donations!!!

It's like someone won the lottery!! Just right there, nevermind all the other congregations donating. Mind-boggling.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    At our hall they only planned on give about $100 more per month than the original loan. Folks here are rather poor. As far as I know from the accounts report everything is on track.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Congregations can pledge all they like but if individual members don't donate as much then something has to give. Either the increased amount donated by the congregation is offset by publishers putting less in the world wide work box, or eventually the congregation contribution will need to be reduced because donations are not enough to cover the amount pledged.

Stephen Lett pretty much said that the effect of the loan cancellation has been that brothers have concluded they don't need to donate as much. The exact opposite of what they were hoping for. Oops.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

slimboyfat - "Have the Governing Body caught themselves out in a lie?"

What, you mean, today? :smirk:

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The ''big need for kingdom halls''. Mortgage forgiveness for KH's, but needing money for more KH's. Construction halted, why the big need for ''donations''?? I wonder if the vast rank and file see this.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS and its financial thinkers are about is fickeled as they get, first they sell off many of it's branches around the world including its main branch and properties in Brooklyn New York and realize gee we have a lot of money now so they establish a position that will forgive all loans offered to separate congregations and just ask that they make up a certain amount based on the amount of people attending, a donational tithe system in other words.

A couple of years go by and they realize they want to build new modernized facilities such as new HQ branches, assembly halls etc.

They spent a whole wack of money in this endeavor and then realize the don't have enough to proceed onto projects they wanted so now they make out a call for more money . In the process dump special pioneers who were receiving some financial aid .

Well then who does receive the most from out this updating of the facilities and buildings that the WTS heads want ?

The answer to that should clearly obvious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit