May 21, 2016 TO ALL CONGREGATIONS Re: Annual Items for 2017

by wifibandit 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh those sort of comments will no doubt occur IslandMan!

Yes indeed...the paranoia and persecution complex will go into overdrive for ones like that now!

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming
    My ex use to proudly display the calendar on the fridge for all visitors to see. Jotting down assembly days and hours spent in service each day was an affront to her pagan unbelieving family members that viewed the monthly spreadsheet (the few times that they would visit or be invited over.) Noting the anemic number of hours, placements and RVs on the calendar was her badge of honor. Her mother use to turn her head to avoid seeing tally and avoid vomiting. From what I'm told, she still does it. Looks like she is SOL unless she makes her own calendar with cheesy, staged pictures.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard
    I recommend going to Lunarium and print off their calendars. Not as pretty, but you get information about the moon, the sign it's in, the phase it's in, solar and lunar eclipses, and void of course moon by last major aspect. I guarantee, however, that if you display one prominently and Brother Hounder sees it, you will be disfellowshipped as soon as he finds out what void of course moon means.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Not only calenders but it looks like bound volumes are now out of favour...and there is a good reason: (with reference to the Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY)

. . . many have found that their use of printed bound volumes has greatly diminished. These electronic research tools are regularly updated . . .

Yes brothers we don't want you keep bound volumes so that you can quote what we might have said in the past, because what with the new light an' all we want to re-write our history and doctrines electronically as it changes before your very eyes.

JWs are an Orwellian cult!

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

This means, in my book, that we are witnessing the end of the Watchtower and Jehovah's Witnesses. And I have never really believed I would see or say such a thing.

E-book sales and use have declined. They haven't gone away, they are not going anywhere, but they also were never the death knoll some predicted they were going to be for the printed word.

Religious book sales have soared, especially Bible study editions. The Catholic world market has boomed, for example, with non-Catholic publishing houses (like the evangelical Tyndale) developing officially approved new Bible translations for this previously untapped market. Their New Living Translation has just been expanded in a Catholic edition and received an imprimatur, now released in India and to be released in the USA in April of 2017. Five major new Bible translations in English alone, and a plethora of study materials have been released for Catholics since 2001. The main sales are in print, and the Catholic NABRE (the official US text) is a best seller in various editions since its 2011 release.

Judaism too, especially Reform, is experiencing a publishing and sales bloom. And nothing is decreasing in hard copy publishing in the rest of the religious world. The United Bible societies are printing more and more hard copy books, Bibles and tracts in a multitude of languages, with numbers and demand still up and growing.

Oh, and paper calendar sales are still healthy.

The JWs aren't printing becuase they can't do it anymore. It's not because e-books are the wave of the future. Religious people still prefer books and scrolls, hymnals, missals, and tracts that have been printed and can be touched and felt.

Despte selling property, despite anything else they say, they are printing less because it is over. This is just denial now for those left behind.

It's over. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Not next year. It's over now.

Those who are left are ghosts. The Watchtower is now going the way of the Worldwide Church of God. It will take a little more time like it did in the WCG after Armstrong did, but the flock of folly will soon scatter.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has fallen! A Bible and tract society that doesn't print anything is dead. It's death is a symptom of the dead body that clings to it.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

David_Jay

I hope you are right - but i think you are not. They are a cash rich organization, and that isnt going to end soon.

Its gonna take this current "generation" of GB to all die before people start waking up in mass.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I don't see how they're dead. They just "evolved" from the WTBTS into JW.Borg. No way they're dead.

• oppostate
    oppostate

I'd say David_Jay has a point. The WTB&TS has died to its old ways of publishing and it has been rebranded and reborn as JW.0rg, let's see how long this lasts.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The calendar was always annoying. My Wife would have to highlight all the holidays to make it easier to keep track of them. Then they decided to "start" the week on a Monday so they could end it on a Sunday. Talk about total control. My Wife stopped ordering them a few years ago as they were useless.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I wish David Jay was right but in reality the Borg just knows that people are not joining in mass anymore so their changing to video because all they have to do is continue to keep their current followers and thier children. The children are always the next group that keeps the cult going. The only real clue that he's right is thier pulling the plug on third world countries and not printing a Spanish bible. In the end thier an American cult and they will cater to where the money is coming from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit