Muhammad Ali has died few minutes ago.

by Iamallcool 18 Replies latest social current

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Witness law man Covington had to sue Ali for his fees of 250,000....must have been short on cash when he was banned from boxing.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

must have been short on cash when he was banned from boxing - he probably was. Not short on cash as you or I would understand it but short on cash as rich celebrities understand it.

At the time of his boxing ban, Ali was already divorced from his first wife, Sonji Roy. That must have cost some. His lawyer fees must have been huge. Plus, he was generous with his money, buying his parents a nice house and Cadillac. His entourage was on the payroll, and Ali treated them generously. The Black Muslims might have already clamped onto his money by this time, too.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

May this man finally rest in peace.

One of the best examples that building fame and fortune by getting beat up creates a horrible existence eventually.

Boxing, MMA, and any other violent contact sport is not good for our physical well being.

As I continue to emphasize, the WTBTS does have a few well-meaning policies, based on biblical directives, that help in living a good life.

DY

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

All men must die.

What is dead may never die.

Winter is coming.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

LoveUniHatesExams said, "PS "not so old" - he was 74. He had his three score years and ten, plus a bonus of four years. Not bad going for an ex-pugilist."

It was in 1984 that Ali was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, and the last 3 decades of his life were spent suffering from that disease, so consider him tragically "gone" at 44.

For WitnessMyFury, a quote: "That is not dead which can forever lie, and in Strange Eons even Death may die."

• karter
    karter

RIP "The greatest" my boyhood hero i saw all his fights ..one of his hardest fights was against the U.S draft board were when asked why he wouldn't go to Vietnam he said "I ain't got no quarrel with them Viet cong" and further saying "Ain't no Viet cong ever call me a nigger".

He was stripped of his world title for not going to Vietnam but came back to win and loose it 3 times.

He was what he said he was "I am the greatest"....and I'm so pretty.

Karter.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Bob Dylan on Muhammad Ali:
    “If the measure of greatness is to gladden the heart of every human being on the face of the earth, then he truly was the greatest. In every way he was the bravest, the kindest and the most excellent of men.”

I'm not a boxing fan, but I'm an Ali fan. He was able to live the life he chose to the fullest. Can you imagine if the 12 yo Cassius was told he would not be allowed to be the person he authentically was meant to be? He'd be lost and the world would not have known Ali.

RIP Champ.

• zeb
    zeb

I remember when he lit the cauldron of the Olympics that was a great moment.. rest well Muhammad Ali.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It was in 1984 that Ali was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, and the last 3 decades of his life were spent suffering from that disease, so consider him tragically "gone" at 44 - Ali was diagnosed with Parkinson's syndrome, not Parkinson's disease. And he was actually 42 in 1984, not 44.

Ali never felt sorry for himself and never asked for peoples' pity.

He most certainly didn't consider himself "gone" at 44.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit