This Thing That Was My Mother

by TimeBandit 21 Replies latest jw friends

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

I have no words...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, TimeBandit, for sharing this. Beautifully expressed.

Sad poetry, for the time being, is perfectly all right. Been there myself. I'm somewhat more detached from the pain of the past. You'll find a way to deal with it, as many of us have. Of course, in this, the present, we still must confront the reality of WT policies and their hold on our loved ones.

Kind regards.

CoCo

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Thanks for your kindness and fellow feeling...I've always been the type to wear my feelings on my sleeve. It as been my downfall many times.Finding a new outlet to express myself has helped.

I thought I was over it. But apparently there is still a stinger in my flesh. It pops up every now and then to continue the stinging.

@mikeypants: I don't know her email address, and I'm sure anything she got in the regular mail wouldn't be opened, but thrown in the trash without being read. That's how she rolls. She does have a Youtube channeland I posted it there as a comment...

TB-

• tornapart
    tornapart

Heartbreaking... as a mother I can't imagine cutting my children off purely for a difference of belief. My children are my life. Feel so terribly sad for you TB...

• Simon
    Simon

I think we have the "same" mother.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

@ Simon: That makes you my brother...

TB-

• Perry
    Perry

Tyranny uses this tactic because truth threatens their god-like status. Your mother wouldn't be doing this if her idol didn't say it was necessary for her survival.

Idolatry in some form is usually at the bottom of most evils.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

@ Perry: She started her bat shit crazy behavior long before I left the JWs. That might be true on most cases, but borderline personality disorder knows no boundaries. Thanks though.

TB-

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Well most of great art seems to come from emotional pain TB. Thanks for sharing. Many of us are there with you feeling that pain. Such a waste.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Your poem made me tear up. My daughter was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, so I know what you are dealing with, my heart goes out to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit