This Thing That Was My Mother

by TimeBandit 21 Replies latest jw friends

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

This Thing That Was My Mother

This thing that was my mother, so withered and blackened now,

was once so kind and loving, but things have changed somehow.

Remember when you'd hold me, and soothe my childhood fears?

You'd help me with my homework, and wipe away my tears...

You loved and fed and nurtured, with fierce maternal protection.

I always felt the warmth of your enormous motherly affection.

I thought it would last forever, but your feelings took a turn,

Now you say I'm dead, because of things I've learned.

You threw away that love you had, you tossed me in the trash,

and now where your heart once was there is an empty gash...

From inside my trashcan, I feel my wounds and mourn.

All your love and goodness, replaced with hate and scorn.

It hurt to lose you mother, you meant so much to me.

I have to let you go now, I'm healing and I'm free...

Goodbye Mom.

TB-

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

This is my first poem. I wrote it tonight. My dad was really good at it. I've never really thought about writing like this, but I've seen some excellent poetry being posted lately and wondered if I should give it a try. Sorry for the sad tone but It made me feel better to get it out like this. I guess you could chock this poem up to being part of my recovery.

Now I need to come up with something happier to write about. We'll see.

Thanks for looking,

TB-

• steve2
    steve2

It takes courage to talk with so much personal honesty and feeling about something so painful and raw. I applaud you for doing so.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Nicely done man! I find an occasional poem to be good for my soul. I can't force it, but sometimes inspiration hits and it just flows. I think you beautifully expressed what many of us have felt. It doesn't have to be positive, it just has to be real.

• millie210
    millie210

Time Bandit you did a beautiful job of capturing the raw pure emotion involved.

Just wonderful.

• under the radar
    under the radar

TimeBandit, your poem was very moving. I hope your pain is eased a bit by sharing.

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

That is real emotion. Thanks for sharing.

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

Thanks for sharing! You did a wonderful job expressing your emotions and it's so true. It's also quite disgusting and I'm so sorry this is your reality.

My wife just told me yesterday she would do the same to our daughter. Here is our beautiful little baby girl running around playing and her mom can sit there and say she would shun her later in life if it was "necessary". What a disgusting and vile cult.

Has your mom had the chance to read your words?

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Now you say I'm dead, because of things I've learned.

That reminds me of what I've been thinking a lot about lately. My JW family members view me so differently now, as if I have some kind of deadly, contagious disease... as if I could have some kind of supernatural influence over them if they're around me. And it's all simply because of things I've learned.

I'm not evil; I've just learned some things, and because of that I am no longer really part of the family.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@ab ortega: nice tang.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit