British Branch Committee

by Paul Bonanno 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Paul Bonanno
    Paul Bonanno

Does anyone know the present members of the British Branch Committee?

• jambon1
    jambon1

Remember that wee freak show Bevan Vigo.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Don't know but I vaguely remember a thread saying Paul Gillies was gone is that true? And Ron Drage and Peter Ellis too. I don't follow these things.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/25070001/why-did-paul-gillies-resign-from-ibsa-board-amongst-claims-over-handling-sex-abuse?page=1

• freddo
    freddo

They haven't gone - the old boys are oxygen tent dodging in the infirmary but have been removed from being trustees - as in UK charity trustees. I thought Paul Gillies was still on the strength.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I'd like to see the list also, I'm intrigued by the guy with the Chinese sounding name, where has he come from and why has he been fast tracked to the the committee, what is known about him? clearly not a previous old style heavyweight, seems plucked from obscurity but I smell a rat somewhere, somethings not quite right with him, I sense he may not even be a jw.

• Landy
    Landy

Ron Drage - now there's a blast from the past.,

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I knew Drage Ellis and Vigo back in the late 60s.

What a waste of talented lives. I wonder what they really think now..if they aren't demented by now.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Rob (John) Li is a JW. He gave the WT Summary on the Special Broadcast a few months ago. He is actually very listenable to, content aside.

I believe he was in the Gateshead Congregation hence the 'why aye mon' accent.

Paul Gillies gave a talk on that same meeting.

Ron Drage and two other directors 'resigned' due to health reasons, Ron Drage has cancer. He used to be our DO when I was a teenager, charismatic speaker delivering twaddle as it turned out. I heard that Peter Ellis had died.

George

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

is there a full list?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I believe Peter Bell is a member.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit