A question I have had since I was in the cult

by mickbobcat 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

I can't buy the 2 reward system that the Watchtower created. 1 john 5:1 says

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. It clearly says Everyone, not just 144,000. I guess since my family name is Thomas, that makes me the doubting one.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

All you have to do is read Eph 4:4 and the bible verses which correspond to it. You ''cant' defend'' the 2 class system which the Borg has painted itself into a corner.

Winston does just a brilliant, magnificent job in crumbling the WT theology.

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Wow, there are a lot of opinions here. Anointing didn’t stop in the first century. The problem today about who is anointed in the organization, is that they are not allowed to talk about their experience. They have to be “humble”, while the elders are “honored”, or so their magazines state. Some may be fake, but there are others who are definitely, spiritually “anointed”. Do they change gender in “heaven”? If that was the case, so too, would men change.

“There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Gal 3:28

This is a spiritual “oneness”, as members of the Body of Christ. (John 17:11,22; Eph 4:4-6) There is no gender rank among the anointed, but of course the Wt must make it happen. If all anointed are men, then when the Holy Spirit came upon the 120 in the “upper room” at Pentecost, did it skip the women who were in this group? Acts 1:12-14; 2:1-4

Phoebe was a “deacon” in the congregation. (Rom 16:1;Phil. 1:1;1 Tim. 3:8,12)

The Greek word means, “specially, a Christian teacher and pastor (technically, a deacon or deaconess):—deacon, minister, servant.”

Well, that seems to be the job of male ministerial/elder servants today. The Temple is comprised of the anointed priesthood – “living stones”. (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16; 2 Cor 6:16; Eph 2:20-22)

…and priests are the messengers and teachers sent to teach God’s laws. (Mal 2:7) Phoebe was fulfilling that role.

There is the account of women who prophesied in the first century, which required “inspiration” or an anointing, and prophets are part of the anointed Body of Christ. (1 Cor 12:28; 14:4,31; Eph 4:11-13; Acts 21:8,9)

Oh, and “two classes”, and earthly one and heavenly one? That can be blown out of the water when reading Gen 28:10-17. I don’t believe heaven is a stationary place, but a spiritual state. Jesus said, the “angels” (meaning “messengers”, and they are priests) would be ascending and descending between this spiritual “heaven” and earth “on the Son of Man” (John 1:51) This makes sense, since “Israel” is Jacob and it is Jacob’s descendants that inherits the earth, just as Jesus did as the firstborn promised “seed” of Abraham, and the second Adam. (Rom 8:29; Col 1:18; Gal 3:16,29) They are a “new creation”, born human and also spirit-born. (2 Cor 5:17;15:42-46,49)

Jacob…”Israel”…”New Jerusalem/Jerusalem above”…the Bride… all describe the anointed under the New Covenant. (Gal 4:26) New Jerusalem “comes down from heaven” and is with mankind – which leads us back to the stairway between heaven and earth. (Rev 21:2,3)

Oh, and a “harlot” has described the nation of Israel in the past. (Ps 106:39; Jer 2:20) This is a spiritual connotation showing they slipped into spiritual adultery and idolatry. To be part of the faithful Bride of Christ as “virgins”, signifies spiritual purity. (2 Cor 11:2;6:15,16) They must uphold Christ’s truth, not lies of today’s “harlots” who rule over the anointed in the organization. (Rev 2:20,21; 13:11,12; 17:3-5)

I know, that’s a lot, and compressed. The Wt. has done an incredible job of twisting and turning any truth about the anointed, into a deceitful lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit