What Is Your Favorite Decade or Time Period to Live In?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

my favourite liver ?

the one i've got..still going strong...in spite of--me.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

This decade.

You have to admit is started off with a bang!

Rub a Dub

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Well, considering how we are all communicating on the web and have access to so many services online, including everyone who can work remotely with camera and all, I cannot imagine going through the corona virus in another decade.
  • minimus
    minimus

After 2001 things really went downhill fast!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have to say the fifties ,if you lived fast and died young you would have a good looking corpse .

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

A great 2040s would push my buttons :D

I loved the seventies. Young, out of the bOrg, always at least a thousand miles between my and my Superdub parents, single, naive, stoned, pissed, music, cars, travel, Then, about halfway through the seventies I stuffed it all up and tried to go all normal, hence my User Name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luPxig56QyU

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

After the edict of Milan. In a wealthy family of course

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I guess we all enjoy the time when we were young . My decade would span late sixties- early seventies. Wonderful music, long hair, we had the comforts of the modern world with less technology.

Hell, it we even fun being in what we called “the truth “ , for me anyway.

• caves
    caves

I have several. I suppose the 90's decade for me before tech took over everywhere. But just enough tech to make it exciting. I was in my late teens and early twenties, when I was still naive and innocent enough to make sweeping excuses/generalizations for many things. Music was still good across the board mostly, except perhaps country music that really started to morph into something I would not personally call country. Yet there were still a few good country artist left. Lots of interesting music sprung up in that decade.

If I were to pick a time period, I would probably say the late 1800s. Steam engine Locomotives were still going strong and that would have been exciting. Horse and buggy was still a main mode of transportation for the masses.I love horses and I love wagons and carriages. Cars were starting to be invented and I imagine that would have been exciting. Also the life style of living off the land was normal and no one would have looked at me any different if I said I had a cabin in the mountains. Since there were not radios there would be a lot of quite times to listen to nature. Also I can imagine the thrill of going to see a live Concerto and those sounds blissfully playing in my ears days and days after. Clothing and tools would be made of stronger quality. Also the satisfaction of using hand tools, making your own home. Growing your own garden, having chickens,ect without someone thinking a thing of it. It would have be the norm. Books would have been amazing to read. Things like the writings of Jules Verne would have been simply mind blowing.

Also I'd probably be pretty okay with living as an indigenous person in the Andes mountains, now or hundreds of years ago. Half naked with some bamboo wrapped around... umm , urrr the lower regions of the body.

I would love to be able to see first hand how it was to live 5000 years ago, knowing me I could see myself as a stoic of sorts that was forced to drink poison like Socrates. lol.

There are still places on this planet that are generations behind, so if I should live long enough perhaps I will be able to put myself in one of those places. Like 'rural' Romania, Mongolia, Argentina, Switzerland, Chili, and more.

Thanks Minimus for posting this question. It took my mind to fun places.

• NoAbuse
    NoAbuse

I kinda miss late 90s internet. I liked people's quirky personal webpages before social media homogenized everything. I also liked the pre-text message world in some ways. If you were supposed to meet someone at 7pm, you did your best to be there at 7pm because you couldn't text in route saying "i'll be 20 mins late". Also, for MOST people, you didn't have work bothering you after you left the office. Unless you were VP level or something. Now Everyone is reachable all the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit