What Is Your Favorite Decade or Time Period to Live In?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some people say this decade is the most advantage and so they are happiest in the present. Some long for the good old days before cell phones and computers. Some think they are still in the 1960’s.

If you could live in an era or decade , when would it be?

• Magnum
    Magnum

80's. It was a fun decade. Loved the music, the style, the look and feel.

• minimus
    minimus

Seventies was fun but I liked the 90s

• Magnum
    Magnum

I think I'm biased toward the 80's because it was my last decade as a nonJW and I had so much fun in that decade (was raised as a JW, but didn't get baptized until later). I honestly don't even remember the 90's; don't know what characterizes the decade. I was so deep into JWdom as a regular pioneer/elder living in difficult circumstances that the 90's decade was a blur.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"If you can remember the 60's, you weren't there" so the saying goes! I can't remember the 60 too well but it was definitely my favorite decade. Growing up in southern California, surfing, cruising, lots of drinking, lots of 'witness' parties, a little smoke (just to take the edge off). I even got married in the 60's and it's lasted 53+ years.

just saying!

• millie210
    millie210

I would go further back but one question....can I take my antibiotics with me?

If so, I would have loved to live on a ranch out west after the threat of being scalped was over - around the turn of the century.

• Simon
    Simon

I liked February.

The March decade was unsettling.

The April Epoch is likely going to be absymal.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

The decad-ant one and after she’s had hers!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The 90s because it began with the ‘end of history’ in 1991, and ended with the revival of history and the so-called ‘clash of civilisations’ in 2001. Because it was the era of CDs and videos, and before the Internet became enmeshed with everyday life. Because it was possible to believe that ‘things can only get better’. Because it was a unique era, overlaid with an upbeat tune, flowering with hope between two abysses.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’ve always liked the fifties...Bobby socks, saddle shoes, poodle skirts. That should have been my time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit