Genuine question

by The Fall Guy 15 Replies latest social current

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Are we about to experience very dire problems regarding male/female toilets?

The reason I ask this question is that a very good friend (Catholic, not JW) has just returned from NY and told me that he saw a public toilet which said the toilets were gender neutral and if you felt more female but you were a guy, then use the female loo, and vice versa for women who felt like a guy. Is this going to give free licence to pervs/voyeurs?

Possible scenario: In McDonald's, a 10 year old girl says, "Daddy, I'm just going to the toilet." Father watches his little girl go into the toilet, and then sees burly 6 foot tall man following behind her.

Powder keg?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yes, I started a thread about something similar.

Rapists are dangerous opportunists.

I'm not sure what the data show, or even if we have data.

I've had a discussion about this on facebook with some soy-boy type.

Some women have genuine concerns and I feel that these women and trans-women need to have discussions. Such concerns are perfectly rational.

PS -my topic title is 'Some questions for you posters on a controversial topic' - it's my second most recent OP. I don't know how to link it.

• blondie
    blondie

Around here they have one stall public restrooms for disabled people who need help, but their spouses or caregivers are of the opposite gender and cannot go into a one gender public restroom; same situation as a father with a daughter or a mother with a son needing help or supervision. These also can be used by one person at a time of either gender, or even people who find it hard to go in a group restroom (yes, there are people like that, male or female.).

I would be worried if I was a father to let my daughter go into a public restroom full of women without me, child sex trafficking is still a real issue, using women to take children makes more sense, children will trust a woman before they will a man.

I notice that the other scenario of a little boy going into a public restroom full of women doesn't seem to be a concern. My brother had to do that until he was about 11 or 12 and he told me he saw more at five or six than he wanted to or it was healthy to see.

Or a little boy going into a men's restroom by himself, strange men at urinals (son has probably never see dad's penis, let alone a stranger's).

Just some passing thoughts.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I would be worried if I was a father to let my daughter go into a public restroom full of women without me - but if you went in, you as a male might be a concern for at least some women in the ladies' restroom.

We don't sit down and have discussions. Trans activists seemingly would rather call people transphobes than sit down and have difficult discussions. I hope this trend changes.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

LoveUNI -

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5190255540961280/some-questions-you-posters-on-controversial-topic

Reasonable solution: All public toilets in future should reflect the needs and rights of each section of society, namely, MALE, FEMALE, TRANSGENDER.

If minority groups expect their rights, why shouldn't the majority be treated equally?

• blondie
    blondie

Uni, I would not go into a woman's restroom if I were a man, ever. But I would expect that restroom facilities would be provided that allowed me to keep my daughter safe, so she did not have to go into a public restroom by herself. In my case when a jw, I volunteered to help brothers without a wife or a wife that stayed home. I would take their girls into the women's restroom, assemblies, conventions, at the KH and out in field service.

What about a husband taking in his disabled wife, who needs assistance? What do you think the women would think then?

Or what about a wife taking her disabled husband into a men's restroom, because he need assistance? What do you think the men there would think as well as the disabled wife.

That is why in this area and others (especially rest areas along the interstates) have gender neutral/disabled one stall separate rooms as I said above. These could also be used by people who are transgender. As well as people with caregivers of a different gender or people who are shy about being in public restrooms.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I noticed that at Tim Hortons restaurants they have a spacious 3rd single unit washroom for the handicapped and families. They just need to add the term UNI to that list and no one need be offended or anxious.

• tiki
    tiki

Sticky issue. If public facilities are to be gender neutral I would say that parents should accompany their children. I have more than once dived into a mens room in desperation when the line to the ladies room was more than my bladder could bear. But those were one seaters.... Now you have to be ultra vigilant with all the creeps and perverts snaking around. I like the mens/women/other option best.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If minority groups expect their rights, why shouldn't the majority be treated equally? - the issue, as far as I can tell, is that we have trans-activists, a noisy minority-within-a-minority, loudly asserting their rights. Anyone who disagrees is a transphobe and a bigot.

Trans-activists don't represent trans-people (nobody elected them!) and don't want to talk to anyone else, especially ordinary women who have their concerns our OPs touch upon.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I would not go into a woman's restroom if I were a man, ever. But I would expect that restroom facilities would be provided that allowed me to keep my daughter safe - your daughter would be safe from sexual predators if biological males were banned from the ladies' restroom.

As for kid-knapping, well, that's something that I haven't thought about.

But it makes sense to me that fathers make sure they can accompany their sons in the gents' and mothers do likewise with their daughters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit