Genuine question

by The Fall Guy 15 Replies latest social current

• blondie
    blondie

Uni, I might add that I worked in law enforcement for several years, hand in hand with the local law agencies, state, and federal agencies regarding child sexual abuses and dangers and how to protect your children. Besides being a victim/survivor of my pedophile father.

What stops a man from dressing like a woman, very convincingly I have found, and going into a restroom, or vice versa who are not transgender? I saw all kinds of people working in the jail and prisons.

To center on one group, transgenders, as being the only ones of those who would conceal their appearance too prey on people, as being the majority of those types of predators, is setting yourself and those you love up for a bad surprise.

Perhaps emotion is clouding people's thinking abilities. Yes, child sex trafficking is a real problem but not because of transgenders.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

To center on one group, transgenders, as being the only ones of those who would conceal their appearance too prey on people, as being the majority of those types of predators, is setting yourself and those you love up for a bad surprise - you've made a mistake, there, Blondie. The same mistake people on FB made about me.

I don't think transgender people are any more likely to be sex offenders than cisgender people.

My concern is that rapists, sex offenders - cis or trans, doesn't matter - might take advantage of a situation that allows trans-women (biological males) into the ladies' restrooms.

As it stands, as long as a person born male says he's a woman, he can use the ladies' restroom. Such a person doesn't even need to have an operation to remove the offending penis and testes. He can be a pre-op trans-woman.

Now, that's what I'm concerned about. An opportunist rapist who's really cis could claim to be a pre-op trans-woman.

Women who share these kinda concerns mustn't be dismissed as irrational. They're being perfectly rational, actually.

Do you get where I'm coming from now?

• rickroll
    rickroll

Its a man made issue as there are only two genders. Male and Female. If you have a dick you are a male if not a Female. That is that.

• blondie
    blondie

Uni,

You seem to have misunderstood what I said by saying this:

Now, that's what I'm concerned about. An opportunist rapist who's really cis could claim to be a pre-op trans-woman.

I said:

To center on one group, transgenders, as being the only ones of those who would conceal their appearance too prey on people, as being the majority of those types of predators, is setting yourself and those you love up for a bad surprise.

Blondie: What I hoped would be understood, that thinking that people would hide behind the label "transgenders" to have access to children, women, and even men, putting them at risk, sexually, ignores the fact that is already happening, that is non-transgender men disguising themselves as women and women putting children and adults at ease, that the these women (real or not) are not a danger. I can believe that there are more people like that than transgender people who would do this.

• blondie
    blondie

Uni,

And this is a circular statement based In what I said.

but if you went in

I said,

I would not go into a woman's restroom if I were a man, ever.

Blondie adding: If a transgender man wanting to identify as a woman were to use the women's restroom, I doubt that they would go in dressed like a big burly man seeing as they want to be seen as being women.

As I said above, in my area and in the rest areas I have stopped at (many during my travels around the US) separate one-stall restrooms (a separate room) are provided for those who help disabled people (spouses or caregivers who are of the opposite sex) or even people with shy kidneys to accommodate their situation. In fact, people not in any of those categories can use that restroom. So there is equality for all then and little or no chance of any men, women, or children uneasy.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Generally speaking, XX or XY is what determines a person's physical appearance & biological gender.

How a person feels mentally about the "cards" they've been dealt, doesn't alter those facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit