KM article (barf alert)

by Euphemism 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Just had to share some lovely points from this week's Service Meeting. The article "Imitate Jehovah's Goodness" has the following paragraph:

Toward Unbelievers: One way we can imitate Jehovah's goodness is by showing sincere concern for those not related to us in the faith. (Gal 6:10) Showing goodness in practical ways can have a positive effect on how they view Jehovah's Witnesses and the message we bear.

If our concern is actually "sincere", then why would we be concerned with "how they view Jehovah's Witnesses"? Wouldn't that be actually doing good works for PR, rather than out of "sincere concern"?

It then goes on to relate the following experience:

For example, while waiting at a medical clinic, a young pioneer brother sat next to an elderly woman who seemed sicker than most of the others present. When his turn came to see the doctor, he allowed the woman to take his place. He later met her again, this time in the market, and she was very happy to see him. Although she had previously been unreceptive to the good news, she said that she now knew that Jehovah's Witnesses truly love their neighbors. A regular Bible study was started with her.

Do I even need to say anything about this experience?

I know that none of this is anything new... but it was such a blatant example, I just had to vent. (Don't even get me started on the other article, "The Blessings of the Pioneer Ministry"...)

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    Toward Unbelievers: One way we can imitate Jehovah's goodness is by showing sincere concern for those not related to us in the faith. (Gal 6:10) Showing goodness in practical ways can have a positive effect on how they view Jehovah's Witnesses and the message we bear.

Sounds to me like they are concerned about public opinion of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Maybe due to the recent bad press they have been getting.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    Do I even need to say anything about this experience?

seriously, why are every single one of their 'experiences' COMPLETELY unrealistic? what fantasy land are they living in?? maybe if these stories were anything a person could even remotely identify with their literature wouldnt be such a joke.

wait, no, it would still be a joke. :P

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

... However, if someone decides to leave the organization, you must shun them and have nothing to do with them... even if they are your own family. REMEMBER: Joining the organization is a ONE WAY trip. There is no way to leave without dire consequences.

A regular Bible study was started with her.

Translation: She never progressed beyond a study (trust me, they would have said so it she had) because she realized what JWs were about and refused to continue.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL Good point, Elsewhere!

I really think that they're darned short on experiences about people actually coming into "the truth." There just aren't very many anymore!

• blondie
    blondie
    For example, while waiting at a medical clinic, a young pioneer brother sat next to an elderly woman who seemed sicker than most of the others present. When his turn came to see the doctor, he allowed the woman to take his place. He later met her again, this time in the market, and she was very happy to see him. Although she had previously been unreceptive to the good news, she said that she now knew that Jehovah's Witnesses truly love their neighbors. A regular Bible study was started with her.

Yes, he probably was among the JWs described here:

Kingdom Ministry

5/01 p. 6 Do Good and Be Praised!Do Good—At the Convention Site:

It has been noted that some delegates have refused to cooperate with the attendants, even speaking to them in an unchristian manner. Because of failing to follow the instructions of the brothers and parking where not legally permitted, some delegates have had their cars towed away. Certainly, a me-first attitude does not identify one as a doer of good, nor does it bring praise to Jehovah God. Let us therefore be loving, patient, and cooperative.—Gal. 5:22, 23, 25.

When the convention doors open at 8:00 a.m., some brothers and sisters can be seen running, pushing, and shoving to obtain the "best" seats. Injuries have resulted because of this type of behavior.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL, blondie!

I guess I think that a witness who will give up his place in line to an older lady is probably the sort of person who is likely to obey parking regulations (and would whether he were a witness or not).

But it certainly does seem like those "do-gooder" witnesses need to "do good" a little more...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    When the convention doors open at 8:00 a.m., some brothers and sisters can be seen running, pushing, and shoving to obtain the "best" seats. Injuries have resulted because of this type of behavior.

Yeah I was there and it was quite enjoyable!!!

• Dawn
    Dawn

LMAO...........Now I can understand running, pushing, and shoving to get OUT of the assembly!

• garybuss
    garybuss

What's this crap?

not related to us in the faith.

I thought Jehovah required hot or cold. If you were hot, he loved you, if you were cold he hated you and would kill you at armageddon. So what's this "Showing goodness in practical ways to those not related to us in the faith"? When did this start? Somebody must have forgot to tell the JW's here. Hahahaha I just love it!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit