This is my favorite quote! What’s your favorite?

by Iamallcool 35 Replies latest jw friends

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. Samuel Clemens.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    'Their coming in from all over the world'

Rick Feron used to say that every Sat. night on his show, but past month or so stopped it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I’d rather have questions I can’t answer, than answers I can’t question.''

That's a good one. I was thinking of ExJWCritical thinkers channel.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

“I feel sorry for people that don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning, that is the best they are going to feel all day." ~ Frank Sinatra

• badcompany
    badcompany

DoC. LMFAOF.

• badcompany
    badcompany

Thomas Jefferson (Declaration of Independence): But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot, and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: he really is an idiot. -- Rufus T. Firefly

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

When I was in my 20's I had dinner in a Chinese restaurant in the international district and got a fortune cookie that said in misspelled and broken English.

"PAY PLEMIUM PLICE FIRS TIME....CLY ONRY ONCE"

("PAY PREMIUM PRICE THE FIRST TIME...CRY ONLY ONCE")

I kept the little strip of paper in my wallet until it fell apart. That simple saying has saved me a lot of self imposed grief and has been a running joke among my friends and family because we say it out loud in broken English (the way it was written) when we need a reminder to do the difficult thing first or pay the premium price and get it over with instead of trying to get out of it and end up paying twice or having to do it again the right way, later.

For example, when I ordered my new truck a few years ago, I was tempted to cut costs by not getting exactly what I wanted. My wife said in broken English "Pay Plemium Plice Firs Time...Cly Onry Once". So I did, and she was right...I wouldn't have been happy with it all these years if I'd have cut corners.

• jhine
    jhine

Winston Churchill said a lot of quotable stuff .

Nancy Astor-

" Winston if you were my husband l would put poison in your tea "

Churchill -

" Nancy if you were my wife l would drink it "

Other stuff included

" l am easily satisfied with the very best "

" Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak . Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen "

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit