How the hell did Tony Morris get to be a GB member.

by JimmyYoung 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

In the published JW lifestory of TM he said that the person who studied with him was of the anointed.

He probably learned the right words to say plus the appropriate masonic-style handshakes etc.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I agree Snare & Racket and having two “plants”.....I mean sons in Bethel, probably also “type A” personalities, to smooth the way probably helps, too.

Id say he greased a fair few palms alright....he’s often bragged his family is rich (not really true by the way). His wife was ‘born in’ so she may have had an influential uncle or something.....NB Toni had only been baptized 6 months when they got married so I highly doubt he was at least a ministerial servant (remember his awful talk?) at the time!!!

edit: Pete za hut I was thinking that too. Born ins are trained not to say boo to a goose if they’re not in charge so he would have found it easy to get them all ship shape and in line!!🤣On the other hand a convert is more likely to put their foot in it and not pick up the myriad unspoken cues witnesses notice. It also looks good to have a few converts in the ranks given their theology. If everyone at the top was raised in it doesn’t fit with their idea of what the true religion should look like.

• sir82
    sir82

How does anyone get to be a GB member?

Same basic formula - the 30 year plan:

-- Be an "organization man" through and through. The organization is by far more important to you than anything else in your life, including family. Sign up for every "privilege" possible - pioneering is just the first baby step. Get on the fact track to be a CO.

-- Start partaking of the emblems at a relatively young age, and this next part is crucial - keep your head down for 10-15 years as you do so, to appear to be "humble" in the face of inevitable side-eyes and even outright criticism - don't rock the boat, but still maintain your stance as a "company man".

-- Be noticed by someone already in power. One example of how to do this is handling a tough & infamous judicial (disfellowshipping) case with utter loyalty to organization norms (the crueler the decision the better you will be viewed).

-- Get invited to Bethel, demonstrate again and again over many years that you put Organization ahead of all, literally, ALL, else. Make sure current GB members see you as "valuable".

-- Wait for someone on the current GB to die.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Put on the New Personality

So have a narcissistic personality and willing to physiological manipulate and control people.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    How the hell did Tony Morris get to be a GB member

DO you mean to say that Tony is less qualified than the Other GB members.

TO me, everyone are con artists who very well know they are running a scam for their living

Also, to answer your question as per Bible:

16As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water. Suddenly the heavens were opened, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and resting on Him. 17And a voice from heaven said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased!”

Like wise, Jah may be sending Dove like things from heaven to rest on someone and they become elected as a GB

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When men seek power they can be opportunistically corrupt and disingenuous, look back onto the past leaders of the JWS

Image result for ass kisser

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Snare and Racket said :

"He's an aggressive Type A personality ....in a cult.... he was always going to be head of something."

That is true. The WTS is no different to other organizations.

I have served with 'Type A ' elders . First they have to be committed, of course, but their abilities mean that they are forgiven for not being kind and approachable. If AM3 was prepared to pioneer as a young man , you can see that he would have a glittering "Theocratic career" ahead of him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit