Do You Think Jehovah’s Witnesses Are A Threat To Any Government?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Do You Think Jehovah's Witnesses Are A Threat To Any Government?

Not really, and if God exists and has a government, Russia and other earthly governments, can't possibly be a threat to it (even though JW's accuse them of being such) .

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Only in the sense that they refuse to vote in any Government elections either Federal or local .

That they are outspoken against all forms of Government claiming they are under the influence and are being misled by Satan .

That they refuse to join or participate in any military programs that some countries see as a mandatory requirement.

That they consider themselves as no part of this worldly system of things , political , religious , or its commercial enterprises.

Also that they go around where its legal and use other methods where its not legal to try to convert people to their religion that condemns the Govt,religious and commercial system they are living under as being blinded by the devil and is soon to be destroyed at Armageddon.

By another Kingdom ,one that they claim is of GOD by Christ Jesus . ?

How would a Govt.know they are not trying to overthrow an existing Govt.and set up something of their own ?

Couldn`t that be taken as a subservient threat to an existing GovT.?

So in my honest opinion yes they could be perceived as a threat by some governments causing instability and unrest if enough people took the beliefs of JW`s literal and acted upon it.

Think about it ,what country could function or survive if every adult person did join the JW religion ?

None ,the country would collapse into chaos .

• blondie
    blondie

Well, they do say that Satan is ruler of these governments, that those governments are going to be destroyed soon by god. That following these governments will make individuals subject to eternal destruction when these governments are destroyed.

I think that might be part of why Russian and other totalitarian governments are going after jws and other groups that do not support the government.

But the WTS hide that ideas in the first paragraph from many governments not familiar with the sneaky ways of the WTS.

• minimus
    minimus

It’s as if Putin has some vendetta against the Witnesses.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "It’s as if Putin has some vendetta against the Witnesses."

I don't actually think so.

I suspect it's more due to the fact that Putin's ex-KGB, and they didn't like the JWs...

...any more than the Stasi, the Gestapo, the SS, and every other hardcore authoritarian organization in recent history.

It's not because the JWs are particularly special...

...it's actually because - despite being authoritarian themselves - the Org's ideology is passive-aggressively anti-state.

• blondie
    blondie

I did say this:

"are going after jws and other groups that do not support the government." I could amend it to "seem" not to support

Mormons, Muslims, Baptists, and other groups are under the same siege. During WW2 and other wars, even in countries like Australia, the US, the UK, etc., the WTS was targeted aggressively.

So the WTS cannot claim to be special.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Jehovah's Witnesses are only a threat to their own people!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The most subversive thing a JW might do is pull a cart up in front of a government building, sit there for two hours while texting to friends, count the time, talk to no one, and then go home.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

Rub, funny

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Rub, funny

Min ...

Funny and/or truthful ?

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+