Do You Think Jehovah’s Witnesses Are A Threat To Any Government?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Russia believes they are a threat. The USA has put Witnesses in jail in the past. Other countries look at JWs as a nuisance.

Do you think the Witnesses are a threat to governments??

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

No.

G.

• minimus
    minimus

Neither do I. They are minuscule compared to others in their bothering big governments

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

No. Especially now that more and more JW's are doing cart witnessing and not waking up government officials trying to sleep on the weekends.

Rub a Dub

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

Certainly not an overt threat at least not to people in the US.. A nuisance maybe.

But, in other countries that are dictatorial with few personal freedoms and certainly no freedom of speech, they perceive Witnesses differently..In some of these places where they are surrounded by enemy countries - they see Witnesses as subversive (whether they mean to be or not) since Witnesses start studies with people with ulterior agendas who take advantage of Witness cluelessness.

IMO, the Witnesses are damn lucky in Western countries especially the US.

• minimus
    minimus

When you read the literature, I can understand why government officials might conclude that the witnesses are subversive. They constantly say how all governments will be destroyed by God

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Not worshipping the flag, not voting. No military service. We find a lot of do as i say and dont think in politics right now

The flag wrappers and burners are both wrong. Ill informed voters that cant vote for "none of the above" are just as bad, alternative service is now OK, but didnt used to be.

Napoleon said god is on the side with the most cannons. I was supposed to be a pacifist, but never felt it completely. But it is hard to find a just war, especially since ww2.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If you look at the Russian Law that outlines what constitutes an extremist group, then JW's fit the bill perfectly. I can see why the Russian Authorities, not having our inside knowledge about the J.W's, have decided to treat them as they would any other Extremist Group.

Perhaps the J.W's should drop their extremist views and actions,and then be more acceptable, not just in Russia, but anywhere in the World.

But of course, we know the J.W's love to be different, and love to be persecuted, it proves to them that they have the "truth", but does not prove to them the reality, that they really are Extremist.

• minimus
    minimus

As a Jehovah’s Witness, if I observed what was going on in Russia, I would assume that God is allowing his people to be persecuted before he destroys them. This type of thing only will make the witnesses more hard-core in believing that theyThe truth.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Nah.

They might sound extremist on the surface, but we all know they are really too lazy - er, passive, god fearing - to actually do anything of substance against a government, beyond tax evasion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit