" It is the True Religion ! "

by Phizzy 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks everybody, I am hoping to have a go at these two JW's, and maybe some more soon, so all your suggestions will be very useful. They don't know what's coming !

• sparky1
    sparky1

"It is the True Religion!" - Jehovah's Witnesses

"I know the Church is True." - LDS/Mormons

They can't both be right, but they both can be wrong..............along with every other ideology that claims to 'corner the market' on 'truth'.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

How can the WTBTS's religion be true, when throughout their history they have continually reversed the truths which their parents and grandparents believed was "the truth?" (not new lights or more information - reversals!)

Just wait for them to ask for examples!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

What kind of twit says, 'I'm in the wrong religion.'? Every person belonging to a religion has to say they're in the true one or it's a joke.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

All Serial killers are Evil. There cannot be a Kind Serial Killer.

All religions are frauds. So there cannot be anything such as "True Religion". Of course, it can be said that that they Truly deceive People.

• steve2
    steve2

JWs have always said this - or a variant thereof. For example, "Ours is the only true religion".

Have they had an article or a video from JW organization on this topic lately? Not necessarily. They've always spoken this way.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

As a Mormon, I can say there's only ONE true religion!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A common JW expressive phrase by JWS is " Are They in the Truth ? "

This came about by the WTS's own devised theology because partially the JWS faith is based upon preaching the Gospel according to Jesus Christ and that other Christian based faiths were false religions, the WTS on the other hand self assumed as being the truer religion via truthful interpretation of the bible.

The reality is though that the WTS preached their own version of the Gospel which is not supported in the bible, essentially making them false prophets or commercialized false prophets running their own publishing house.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"has there been an article or something telling them to say this?" - Phizzy

I think this phrase became common among Jehovah's Witnesses starting in the early 1950's. The book, WHAT HAS RELIGION DONE FOR MANKIND states the following on page 17 paragraph 15: But this toleration does not mean they are obliged to put the quietus on the proclamation of the truth by which men may be turned from darkness to light, from false worship to right worship. The fact is, they are under moral obligation to their fellow men to let them hear and examine it and then say, "It is the truth." (bold mine, quotes appear in original) Now the phrase is virtually ubiquitous among Jehovah's Witnesses, a badge of honor and a way to identify fellow believers.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

I knew a older sister who once said to me "This system CAN'T go on much longer! It just CAN'T!"

Well a few years later, it didn't for her, she died waiting for that bus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit