" It is the True Religion ! "

by Phizzy 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Speaking to two JW's, separately and days apart, they both weaved in to the conversation the phrase " It is the true religion " .

Now in neither case was it possible for me to do my usual thing, piling in with both guns blazing and pointing out that it is impossible for there to be any such thing as "the true religion", unless by "truth" you mean that which is true in your opinion and not supported by facts or reality etc etc

My question is : is this mere coincidence, or has there been an Article or something telling them to say this ? If there is, could someone point me to it ? I am going to be seeing both these people in the near future and hope then to discuss this further with them, but to be forearmed with info. would be good. Thanks.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It is the true religion

The WTS has been promoting and indoctrinating people with this claim for decades, nothing new there.

Christianity uses this phrase out the the Truth will set you free.

Unfortunately for the JWS they are being subserviently bound to corrupt commercialized false prophets who god condemns. according to scripture.

....and that folks is " The Truth "

• dozy
    dozy

It's just a pointless mantra - a bit like the Mormons having to give regular testimonies that they know that the LDS is the one true religion. Maybe also ( I don't know your status as an ex-JW ) they are trying to make some kind of point to you to "encourage you" - I get the same from my relatives ( in the rare occasions I see them ) when they drop JW stuff into conversations.

It's all part of the conditioning from the Society - I'm not aware of any particular article recently , but it is a constant message throughout all their media. On a certain level - it's kind of cognitive dissonance in overcoming their many ( probably subconscious dounts ) to constantly reaffirm their faith in the Org.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

At work, I get "encouraged" by a witness who is always hinting at how horrible the world is. How it can't get much worse....

Maybe they had a local talk that stressed that point.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

It comes up regularly in talks and publications and at assemblies. Its drilled into jws all the time so they don't look outside the religion. I've had a few comments since I left about it being the "only true religion" and "where else will you get the Truth?". You certainly won't get it from them, the whole religion is based on lies. Just look in the bible teach book or watchtower online and you'll get some info why they think it for next time you chat to them

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Fuzzy - " It is the true religion " .

Governing Body rock star pope Wacko Jacko at the ARC - That I think would seem to be quite presumptuous to say that we are the only spokesperson that God is using. "

Think about what he's saying! There must be another true religion

Yes, you and I know he's telling lies using 'Theocratic warfare™' like the coward that he really is. But, surely, the Jobos won't perceive that.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I always heard it as "It is the ONLY true religion" as all other religions are "false". Of course, what is a "false religion"? I know what false teeth are, but how is a religion not really a religion?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Lets face it......... this is an especially reckless religion. Reckless with the health and welfare of it's followers.

'Rational ignorance' is the only way one can maintain their membership and good standing being a follower of the WTBTS.

Conditional friendship and family relationships....thank god cause it's a lot easier to turn your back on them......... before they turn their back on you.

Every family member and friendship that didn't come to understand TTATT....by by.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Phizzy, the 'Beroean Pickets' have just made a new youtube channel which is specifically aimed at reaching active JWs. They have done a series of 4 on 'Identifying True Worship' and using counter arguments against all the excuses Jws use to say they have the true religion. I'm in the process of watching them at the moment and they have some good arguments to use.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if a dub said to me the phrase " It is the true religion "

i would simply ask them--"how do you know"? see where it leads...if anywhere.

oh--by the way.."we just know" doesnt count.

notice the use of the word "we" there. its their defense mode.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit