• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Send a Text reply saying “What’s a Memorial ?”

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Just say thank you but you've lost interest in " all " religion

• Overrated
    Overrated

The JW thing does not go so well with new age buddhism.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OVERRATED:

I was invited to tap into the memorial on Zoom by distant JW friends. I politely declined with the excuse of not having enough service, etc. with my cellphone plan.

• Overrated
    Overrated
    • Yup, just too busy that day(taking the wife out) to plug into any crazy zoom meeting. Why go to a virtual dinner party when you can't eat and drink?
  • contramundum
    contramundum

I also received the invite from my cousin. He has not been in touch with me for over 5 years, then suddenly, out of the blue, he sends an impersonal, stock WT worded message along with the memorial invite.

I was initially hurt that he would send such a cold introduction when we had once been close. No words of affection, no enquiry about me or my family.

Once my initial feelings had subsided, I felt the best option would be to entirely ignore anything related to JW. I replied how lovely it was to hear from him, briefly updated him on my and my children's life and finished by saying that we were all happier than we'd ever been.

When I first left JWs, I would feel obligated to justify my reasons. I now realise that no logical argument will have any effect on a closed mind. The best course of action for me is to sidestep any religious discussion and focus on the way my life has exponentially improved since leaving. This says far more than I ever could.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit