Just invited to a zoom memorial.

by Overrated 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Overrated
    Overrated

Walked away from the trooth years ago(over 20) my older sister sends me an invite to the memorial via zoom. I have no interest in Jwism at all. Should I ignore or respond?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I had an Elder leave a four minute message on my answering machine last week inviting me to the Zoom memorial. He said that Jehovah still cares for me. I never called him back. The less I say, the better I'm off.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I would ignore. You just open up a can of worms if you engage at all.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Why not just sock it to them and give them a blast out of both barrels ? what have you got to lose ?

They have asked for it.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

If there's one thing I've learned from this forum, it's that it takes an enormous amount of time and effort to convince someone of "X" when they are entrenched in their belief in "Y", no matter how logical or reasonable "X" is or how wackadoodle "Y" is..

I'm not saying it's pointless, or it can't be done - it can be.

But you can't do it with 100 or 200 word posts on an internet forum, and you can't do it in 4 minutes on Zoom.

Unless you have the will and the opportunity to engage over a long period of time, best course is just to "save your ammunition" for cases where you might be able to reason effectively with someone.

So I say just ignore it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

You could ignore it... or politely thank them and include a sarcastic comment about the lengths they have to go to in making up service time on their monthly reports. That is what the invite is all about.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

just tell them you dont have the passcode or whatever.

• Researchedandenlightened
    Researchedandenlightened

Tell your sister you will attend only if you can bring your own bottle and join in the fun

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

HA HA---/\ /\ sit there with a bottle and a glass in shot--sipping away. maybe a few nibbles too.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Should I ignore or respond? - yeah, Reasearched & stan beat me to it.

Attend, with a nice bottle of red. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit