How many faithful old JW`s are now living in Christendoms retirement homes not being cared for by the religion they gave their life for.

by smiddy3 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Tam,

Your hubbies parents should take advantage of the reverse mortgage option if they have equity in their home.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Many old retirement homes are charities opened to everyone, led by a Christian denomination. The government gives them money and since many of them are doing great, there is no need for a “public” one to be built in certain areas. Hence, many JWs don’t see any options and consider such centers to be, in fact, paid by the government.

As for Jah-Jireh retirements home, I can speak of one that is on Quebec. The reason they are not getting government help is that they are only for JWs. While they tried to get a tax break as a charity organization, they could not. And so, living there is actually expensive, more expensive than the basic government check for the elderlies.

As for visiting the elderlies, many people actually do visit the older ones. They can count their time without having to go door to door. It’s a bliss, especially during winter.

The core problem with the JWs who gave their lives working for the WT is that their work was not fruitful. They can spend their entire lives pioneering and end up with perhaps 2 or 3 new converts? Their own personal financial contribution also tends to be low. Hence, nothing is left to pay for their old age.

With the exception of Construction work. WT really brings in some serious money with that.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    my daughter--age 46-- never visited him once. she lived less than a mile away.

With all due respect being she's your daughter and all but I don't see good things happening for her. You get what you put in. And her WTS mind overrode her humanity. As is the case with many although some break the rules and do visit their ailing old relatives.

As for Jah-Jireh retirements home, I can speak of one that is on Quebec. The reason they are not getting government help is that they are only for JWs. While they tried to get a tax break as a charity organization, they could not. And so, living there is actually expensive, more expensive than the basic government check for the elderlies.

So the WTS gets any money left after expenses. Even in their old age they're still getting bamboozled. Wow.

As for visiting the elderlies, many people actually do visit the older ones. They can count their time without having to go door to door. It’s a bliss, especially during winter.

They can't count their time if they are visiting baptized members. Unless these members are inactive.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    So the WTS gets any money left after expenses. Even in their old age they're still getting bamboozled. Wow.
    The Jah-Jireh home does not belong to the WT, it belongs to a sister who used the inheritance of her parents to pay for it. As I recall, she is barely meeting the ends with that thing,
    They can't count their time if they are visiting baptized members. Unless these members are inactive.

Actually, yes. Elders and ministerial servants count this as a pastoral visit for which they actually do count their time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Bunji Bill - "According to Raymond Franz in Crisis of Conscience, Nathan Knorr even volunteered that the JWs do not look after their rank and file members."

Hmph.

No fucking way would any of the current bunch admit to anything like that in public.

Say what you will about guys like Knorr, Covington, and Fred Franz...

...they actually had the balls to own their dickishness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit