Cart Witnessing Is Getting People Baptzed!!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Recently I talked to an elder about this type of witnessing. Iโ€™ve known him for many years and he is a very honest upright man. He marveled at how many people have become baptized in the last couple of years because of cart witnessing. He said the most effective type was in more public venues. He also mentioned that the congregation has gone from approximately 72 publishers to 95!

I just listened but I donโ€™t get it.

• oppostate
    oppostate

72 to 95, but the Congo they closed down and merged with, what about them? And, does it count when your kids are the only ones getting literature from the carts?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Let's see now that's 72 + 23 = marvelous numbers getting baptized because....carts, carts everywhere... yaaaaaaaaaay!

Without any context it's impossible to say if this is even true let alone solely because of the cart people.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"he is a very honest upright man"

Are you sure?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Lol a exjw talked about being one of the first pioneers to help roll out this new cart witnessing. He said later they were talking about all the success at some meeting they had. It came out that they had gotten 8 new members because of this new program. 8 nationwide that is.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Conversely Crazyguy,

I wonder how many pioneers manning the carts have left the org through being unwitnessed to by the likes of us?

8 new JWs baptized (half of whom will fall away) and ten pioneers have woken up and stopped preaching.....?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Were these "public venues" locatons where they sold alcohol by any chance?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Funny sparrowdown, I have a friend thatโ€™s recently became a Christian and he went to Africa as a missionary. He was talking about witnessing to ones and how they were converting to Christ right then and there. He later admitted the ones converting so easily were drunk.

• minimus
    minimus

The places were at train stations and large state parks. I know this guy and he isnโ€™t a liar. And no local congregations disbanded.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I call FOUL!!!!! No way cart witnessing is getting people baptized, if the door to door work didn't do it surely the cart work is no better...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit