Harmagedon backpack... Are we retarded??

by sp74bb 30 Replies latest jw friends

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Island Man, I have to disagree with you. I have no problem with being prepared, but the constant repeating and harping on this by the org is just fanning the flames of Armageddon fear. It's true that they are just talking about a natural disaster here, but like everything about this org, they have to drag out every minute detail. It's just another one size fits all solution that keeps the sheep on edge.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Apparently the German Government is on the verge this week of telling Germans to stockpile enough food for ten days and enough clean water for five days - approximately 5 kilo of bread, pasta and potatoes, 5.5 kilos of canned vegetables, 3.5 kilos of dry and canned fruit, 28 litres of water and 2 kilos of canned fish and meat.

They are also going to be urged to keep supplies of medicines, warm blankets, coal, wood, candles, torches, batteries, matches, and reserves of cash in their homes.

Please Note: The following link to the Frankfurter Allgemeine newspaper website is in German, if you don't like that, please don't click!

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/konzept-zur-krisenversorgung-vorratskauf-der-buerger-und-geheime-lager-14400899.html

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Harmagedon backpack... Are we retarded??

Harmagedon backpack... Are we retarded WatchTarded??

Image result for JW.org stephen lettImage result for yes

• Spiral
    Spiral

Is this bag different from the emergency "go" bag they've been telling people to have for a few years, in case persecution hits (and you have to flee to the bunker or whatever, I guess)?

Not having been to meetings in years I just heard about this last year. The JWs in my area think that when persecution hits you should be ready with your "go" bag. And I thought we were supposed to rely on God.....

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Like one person said, "Where are you bugging out to...?" Even in the demo, the radio announcer said "stay in your home". So the "properly" prepared ones were no better off than the "improperly" prepared ones.

Both were sitting at home. And if you are not smart enough to shut off the gas, then that's okay too. You will be "blown to Kingdom Come" and that's what you've been praying for.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Like everything else in this fairytale world, its not realistic to think in the event of an earthquake all the family members could be calm and collected and gather their supplies. or that their electronics would work.

They are so out on left field its laughable. They spend time preparing for the large earthquake, yet give little thought to health and safety at the local level. For example, there are no emergency evacuation procedures posted at the local kingdom halls in case of fire. In the event of an emergency, no one knows what to do. But they have to make a big show for the big earthquake.

Since watchtower ever does anything out of a altruism, I wonder if they are getting grants for the government for instituting emergency preparedness among their ranks.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Lewis Black on "Nuclear Holocaust", youtube. He was instructed to hide under his desk in

school in case of a Nuclear Holocaust, a wooden desk of all things( kindle).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Both were sitting at home. And if you are not smart enough to shut off the gas, then that's okay too. You will be "blown to Kingdom Come"

I was just walking out my front door to go to the Kingdom Hall..

Then BOOM!........I`m at the Friggin Kingdom Hall..

My Car?....Wheres My Car?..

I DON`T REMEMBER DRIVING!..

Image result for burned suit

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Nothing wrong with being prepared but I was curious where they were going. If ones house is intact enough to into it to get your "go bag" after there's been an earthquake, why not stay there instead of heading out on the road and getting caught in traffic which is probably already a mess? Living in earthquake country, we keep an emergency kit in our cars in case there's an earthquake while were on the road and we can't get home. Our emergency supplies are in our shed in case the house is too damaged to enter it. I've never heard of an earthquake alarm like they had in the beginning of the skit. I'm sure that was to create a sense of drama for the hand full of people in the audience. JW's love a good scare now and then to remind them not to get too comfortable in their current life and to give them the sense that they've got and inside edge when the world falls apart.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The German government is contemplating asking the inhabitants to store water/food/equipment for 10 days to be prepared in case of attack/catastrophe. Is the German government retarded too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit