Why are members of the G.B worshipped?

by The Rebel 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing thats a bit different these days with the WTS. is that the GB members are more up front and visible than in the past.

It was not surprising with F Franz lying up a storm to promote the literature , it was probably in his best interest to stay behind the curtain, J Rutherford as well,

I'm sure JWS at the time didn't know he built two lavish homes in San Diego which he lived in himself, along with his very expensive Cadillacs in the drive way.

Before they were pretty much unknowns, the literature was praised more and drew in more attention as were visiting CO's.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Why are GB members 'worshipped'?

Because they are at the same level of prestige as the Pope is in the Catholic church. Awe-inspiring.

Same parallels with the two religions.

• millie210
    millie210

For the same reason that the Kardashians are.

People are sheeple

with some exceptions.

Most of those exceptions find their way here and find like minded free thinking, sane people.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Authoritarian followers seem to need a leader-figure to idolize.

They almost don't know what to do with themselves if they don't have one.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Come on folks these are men who've been selectively chosen by god himself, from that perspective they are truly awe inspiring .... Amen

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THE REBEL:

They were never worshipped by me!

At most, I may have had respect for the very elderly ones back in the day and what they may have gone through!... The newer ones? Wouldn't know them from Adam and wouldn't give them the time of day.

Lett is the only one I would recognize, since he makes himself so memorable!

FULANO:

I'm glad European JWs don't place these guys on any pedestal.

• fulano
    fulano

Lhg....my grandparents and parents had their "Winkler", "Engelkamp"....

too Stupid to even mention 😀😀

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FULANO:

Yes, it is all so very stupid this creature worship!

Back in the early days of my "fade", one of the GB had just passed away, a Witness said to me:.."well, I guess he got his wings".

I didn't want to rain on anybody's parade and disagree with them, but I wasn't sure I ever believed any of this!

• fulano
    fulano

In missionary service we had a meeting with all of us and the branch committee. A few weeks before, one of the brothers, a missionary and member of the committee, I have to say, a real, real humble, nice, sincere old brother, anointed had died. Brother Salvino Ferrari...the nicest person I ever got to know.

At the meeting the BC told me that the night before Ferrari died he got a visit from angels. As his original language was italian, he cried :"angeli, angeli!".

Believe it or not as the program says....

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FULANO:

I don't doubt that the brother you mention was a good man.

I was raised Roman Catholic and know all about saints, martyrs, prophets, angels and miracles...I believe that throughout history there MAY have been people who might have been "special" in some way.

So, along come Jehovah's Witnesses as johnny-come-latelys who claim they are "anointed" and are going to heaven, etc...Was I just supposed to believe this because they said so??

The whole time I was a Witness I just rolled my eyes and let this claim go in one ear and out the other.

The problem with divine claims like this is that they cannot be proven. At least in the past there were "miracles" as a visible proof to people.

By the way. I became a JW because I was interested in end-time prophecy. That was it.

I believe that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence...And that goes for anybody today in ANY religion who makes "divine" claims!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit