Why are members of the G.B worshipped?

by The Rebel 35 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Reb - Punk, whilst I don't have your talent to write a book, I hope this thread inspires you, because with your dry wit and humourrous why of posting, i think you could write a unique humourous book to expose the Geoffrey Jacksons of this world.

I did a bit of a poke at how the GB operate in my 'Millions' book. Section entitled 'Tales of the Borganisation.'

I dunno about write a book....I'm kinda museless at the moment. See what transpires in the future. Perhaps a book about the GB, 'Millions Now in the Bank account.'

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why are members of the G.B worshipped?

..................Image result for Watchtower Obey

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/Bow-Worship_zps3cc50cda.gifhttp://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/Bow-Worship_zps3cc50cda.gifhttp://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/Bow-Worship_zps3cc50cda.gif

Song 120—Listen, Obey, and Be Blessed

We can be Jehovah’s friend by singing songs.

Sing along with Caleb and Sophia about the blessings from obeying Jehovah.

......Image result for Watchtower be jehovah's friendImage result for Watchtower Caleb and Sophia

........Image result for Watchtower Governing BodyImage result for Equals sign smallImage result for Angry God

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The GB members are worhsipped by JWS because they are indoctrinated to do so, that is the main requirement to become a JWS and is actually made part of the stated vow on being baptized.

Its also the main important question asked at JC meeting where a person has doubting questions on certain doctrines.

If you do not answer the question in the affirmative, you will be DFed, which means you'll lose your family and friends and be cast off to be muzzled.

Religion is a game of power and control and sometimes money.

• blondie
    blondie

Because many jws are true believers that these men will rule in heaven as kings and priests...but forget they don't rule on earth. The WTS even teaches that anointed female jws will rule in heaven. They will get to see God and Jesus and the angels, and other anointed from the past. They will rule not just over the earth but over the angels.

Some think that God communicates with them in a special way telling new information.

(1 Corinthians 4:8) 8 YOU men already have YOUR fill, do YOU? YOU are rich already, are YOU? YOU have begun ruling as kings without us, have YOU? And I wish indeed that YOU had begun ruling as kings, that we also might rule with YOU as kings.

*** w08 1/15 p. 22 par. 12 Counted Worthy to Receive a Kingdom ***

First-century Christians were declared righteous and anointed with holy spirit for the purpose of enabling them to receive their heavenly inheritance. Their anointing did not elevate them to kingship over fellow anointed Christians while still on earth. Evidently, some early Christians lost sight of that fact and began seeking undue prominence among their brothers in the congregation. As a result, Paul was moved to ask: “You men already have your fill, do you? You are rich already, are you? You have begun ruling as kings without us, have you? And I wish indeed that you had begun ruling as kings, that we also might rule with you as kings.” (1 Cor. 4:8) Therefore, Paul reminded anointed ones of his day: “Not that we are the masters over your faith, but we are fellow workers for your joy.”—2 Cor. 1:24.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Worshipped? Nah...not around here .

The introduction of monthly broadcasts has shown them up for what they are...just ordinary men.

I am able to associate with dubs ,for better or worse, and they giggle at Steven Lett's weird style of speaking and grumble about the others as being poor speakers Many are frankly confused by the plethora of new teachings.They hoot with laughter about the last broadcast with the loaves of bread....

Jookbeard spoke of Knorr et. al. They were looked up to and really respected. This bunch are tolerated and followed because they are there, and they believe it is the right thing to do.

• sparky1
    sparky1

If the average 'rank and file' witness went to university and got an education, they would understand the futility of 'making men into gods'.

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

This was something that always bothered me even when I was a still believing JW. It disgusted me to see people post photos of themselves with the GB like they got a picture with Beyoncé. Supposedly these men are "unlettered and ordinary" so why do they allow themselves to be treated as exalted Demi gods?

• talesin
    talesin

imo, it would be better to refrain from memes that feature them - it's just giving them unwanted attention, and promoting their importance.

Youtube vids that feature actual speeches, show them up for the salesmen they are. I would prefer to see a focus on that salesmanship, and less on mocking individuals (thus making them into martyrs for the cause). That's my two pence. xx

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

so why do they allow themselves to be treated as exalted Demi gods?

Because doing so ups their personal stature as well ego, only 8 men make it as the top illustrious leaders of 8 million JWS.

Wherever they go to speak they are perceived as the most spiritual in divine connection to god himself.

That's pretty cool and appealing thing for guys who probably didn't even reach a grade 12 education.

I remember an assembly when Nathan Knorr gave the main key note talk and afterward people were milling around just to get close to him and have a chat or what we would call now days .... brown nose.

• fulano
    fulano

The rebel sees things from an american point of view. I understand it, it's like the Italians with their PAPA, but I know Europe and served almost 10 years in South america. Believe me...they don't worship the GB. Most of them don't even know their name. In the case of SA they mainly get involved ...

* trying to get a us or eu visa.

* get a hope for their miserabele future

* get some kind of importance as wearing a tie and a bookbag.

* get help for their poor situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit