I'm disfellowshipped BUT working my way back

by Want to serve 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Want to serve
    Want to serve

Hello all

i figured I would try this out. I'm currently disfellowshiped but working my way back. I was wondering if I am the only one? I would like to date with the hopes of marriage to someone with the same views and beliefs as mine. Are there any disfellowshipped witnesses on this site that are working their way back?

single, black woman 41

• bohm
    bohm

Hi and welcome! There are several disfellowshipped witness on this site however I am not one of them.

I wonder if you could share where you are in the process of getting back? (attending meetings, studying with a witness, etc.).

• Listener
    Listener
    There's a JW dating site that sounds like it would be perfect for you.
  • Ding
    Ding
    Not to be disrespectful, but why would you want to go back?
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

I tried (out since 1987) but this incident woke me up. I was sitting in the back and the closing

song, young lady next to me moved over to share her song book with me. An elder I knew

form years back ran over and told the sister to move away. This was a KH that most people

didn't know who I was.

I'am black so I have a question for you. Why would you go back to a organization that break up

families??? Keep in mind we as a race have been through this before in the early days.

And welcome..

Both my sons are around your age and they very happy with their mates and they were raised in that

organization. Do you really want someone with the same views as a JW male, belief that women

are second class.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I can just imagine the sort of losers/abusers/misfits etc you are going to attract, you are probably one yourself, walk away their lifestyle doesn't work.

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

Welcome to the forum. You probably are not going to get a lot of encouragement here towards going back to the organization.

Have you researched the witnesses? They protect child molesters and ruin families. They take scriptures and turn them upside down and on their side. They put a few old men on a pedestal and imply that everything they say is inspired by God. I could go on all day long and I'm not sure I would finish.

Do some research. Ask critical questions. Search this forum. Look up 1975, blood doctrine, child molesters & jehovah's witnesses. New generation understanding. United Nations and Jehovah's Witnesses.

YouTube has some great videos and experiences. One of my favorites is exjwcriticalthinking ( or something like that). Watch a few of those videos and then decide if you really want back into the organization.

Being df'd may be the best thing that could happen to you.

Hope the best for you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Pictures? Measurements? Income? Do you own your home? All important questions.

No, seriously- I get what you are asking. That's a tough guy to find. Are you working your way back because you believe the doctrine or because of family? Do you want this guy to be a secret atheist or a believer?

• Darryl
    Darryl

That's very hard to answer. Just what are your beliefs exactly? Are you still holding on to the belief that it is the truth, your going to live forever in paradise, the Governing Body is God's representatives here on earth, the Elders are looking after your very soul, you need to get back out there and knock on those doors as soon as possible, give talks, comment at the Watchtower Study the whole 9, this is just a temporary setback in your endurance to the end, millions now living will never die??? Did I miss anything?

Anyway if that is your belief you are definitely on the wrong site to get back into the society's good graces. If you want to just get back in so that you can interact with family and friends and then just fade away you are not alone here however finding a husband who is in the same boat as you might be a challenge. I happen to be AA df'd and single and do I miss a normal relationship with my mother,sister, nieces and nephews? Sure. Will I ever subject myself to another judicial tribunal for as long as I live? Hell no. Will I ever step foot into another KH? Hell no. Do I believe all the stuff I rattled off in the first paragraph? Hell no.

There's also this. If you are determined to get back on track and walk the straight and narrow-I don't know how it is now-but when I was in the "sisters" used to always lament that there were a shortage of "brothers" who were marriage material. Even the pure as the wind driven snow virgins are not finding suitable mates. Now's there's you who has a past. I know it's unfair but that's how these self righteous pricks think. Anyway you have a past and despite the fact that they belong to the "most loving organization on earth" "spiritual paradise" all that you will have a lot of people judging you. I can't tell you how to live your life if that's what you want to subject yourself to that's up to you. You've been in the org you know how these things work. On the other hand of course if you are convinced it is the truth than you have to do what you have to do. Good Luck to you either way

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes go back to lies, corruption, delusions, suicides and family and marriage break ups, then find a man who will segregate to be a second subservient to him because your a woman .

......sounds enticing does it not ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit