Pilot program for in-person meetings for the vaccinated

by Vidqun 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    The first super spreader event from a Kingdom Hall will shut this program down.

Yeah, I've got a feeling this is not going to end well.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So the Govts / .Health dept. are now dictating who can attend meetings and who can not.?

What happened to "We must obey God rather than men ? Act.5:29

• Lightgrowsbrighter
    Lightgrowsbrighter

Bump.

I think this is a big deal as it will create divisions among JW's as we see on every other social level. 'Brotherly love' for those who decide against the jab will go right out the window if the GB is flagrantly pro-jab and covid paranoid. Maybe potential disfellowshipping for 'apostasy' if a JW refuses the jab?? At least 'marking'??

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Something else that may disqualify a JW from being allowed to attend a Kingdom Hall meeting is if he/she got the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. WT is requiring at least 2 doses. I wonder how many JWs that affects!

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Update re Australia.

It is confirmed that the entire state of Western Australia and the Island state of Tasmania are resuming in person meetings from November 1st.

Because both of these states don't have Government imposed lock downs or restrictions in place (apart from Hobarts 3 day snap lock down), there have not been any specific instructions from the branch regarding vaccination requirements, mask wearing, social distancing etc.

Circuit Overseers however, have been instructed not to attend if they have not been fully (double dosed) vaccinated.

My source stated there were concerns among his elder body at the lack of directives given the possibility of a potentially positive case attending while being asymptomatic.

It is also obvious to us that when Australia opens its State borders the Delta variant will become evident in the states that don't currently have infection outbreaks.

And as I mentioned in another post, the South Island of New Zealand is also going ahead with in person meetings commencing November 1st.

jtg

• Gorb
    Gorb

They have to, else their business model collapse.

G.

• carla
    carla

If one can still get covid and spread covid even after being doubly vaxxed and getting a booster what is the point? Can anyone answer that? you may not get as sick, you might not need hospitalization, may and might. To say that you get the vax for others is just plain silly at this point if you look at other countries, Uttar Pradesh (in India) for example, Ireland, etc.... I just don't get it. You do it for yourself not for grandma or the little ones because you might be carrying a large viral load and not even know it. If you are not vaxxed you might feel like crap and stay home and not have a false sense of security because you have a vax for the previous virus which has now mutated.

Why are jw's listening to 'superior authorities' if in all other things they are ruled by satan? why this? How often have the trashed governments, local authorities, etc... I just want to knock my jw upside the head and ask, "what the hell?" (I'm a ubm, he would totally understand my question put that way and not run for the hills)

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Well said carla.

The only point I can see relates to those with 'underlying conditions'.

These are the people at risk and they know whom they are and may need a vaccination or other medications to help them deal with the Wuhan virus given their conditions.

The watchtower 'makes up shit' ( stated by Etude on another thread) as they go on their merry way.

Also, because our individual health requirements are between an individual and their health provider, there is no need for ANYONE to make rules regarding the general populace whether inside or outside a church or the general community.

jtg

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

A drone-like "brobot" mentality is called for each JW or a big split is underway. I put my money on the latter. Forced vaccines tested on aborted human fetal cells are really pushing the boundaries of obedience. Obedience to God or following seven or eight self-serving men only interested in their self-preservation? I think this time they have miscalculated and overplayed their hand. Time will tell.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Why are jw's listening to 'superior authorities' if in all other things they are ruled by satan? why this? How often have the trashed governments, local authorities, etc...

It couldn`t be that the Bible ,"GOD`s WORD" speaks out of both sides of it`s mouth could it ?

On the one hand it says, 1 John 5: 19 , "the whole world lying in the power of the wicked one."

2Cor.4:4 "the God of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers"

And then again in Rom.13: 1-7 we have the other side of his mouth speaking." let every soul be in subjection to the Superior authorities -because it is the arrangement of GOD , it is GODS minister ,5 their is compelling reason for you to obey for it is GODS minister. notonly on the account of GODS wrath but also on account of your own conscience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit