New Announcement At The 2017 - DF'd People To Sit At The Back Of The Hall

by pale.emperor 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Has anyone else heard this? A poster on another thread said it's a new rule brought in at this years convention.

Last year they were told to shun even non DF people and now this? A religion cant force someone where to plonk their ass surely?

• sir82
    sir82

Nothing even remotely close to that was announced.

It has always been implied that DF'ed people sit at the back, and undoubtedly in some congregations the more Nazi-ish elders enforce it with enthusiasm, but there is nothing verbal or written from the top directing it.

The poster probably projected his/her own experience with such thuglike elders onto something that may have been alluded to in a convention talk.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I always thought that this was existing policy - I've never seen a DFed person sit anywhere other than the back row or in the back room during meetings.

A religion cant force someone where to plonk their ass surely?

Why not? If the DFed person is at the cult meetings it shows that they either still believe it's the truth or they at least are trying to be reinstated for family. In either case it means that the cult has something on them and if they don't obey it doesn't give them what they want.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

They only published info to the contrary in the past year or two.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I did not hear this either

i have noticed it more strictly enforced, even refusing entry until after the song and in the "back room" then leaving immediately after prayer

ive also noticed announcements now when someone is no longer a publisher and no longer a pioneer

i don't seem to remember these being announced off the platform before

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Agreed. It was and has always been "strongly implied" that a DF person sit at the back.

Sure, it may not be an official directive, but it is indeed what is encouraged.

I saw a DF brother once just sit mid way down the auditorium, and the way he was harassed by elders after just proved it. The the elders made it known in conversations over the next few weeks that he was "acting in a brazen manner"

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Thanks for the clarification guys. The post was here: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5728687389409280/jw-renaming-things-this?page=5 third comment down from JW Gone Bad.

When i was DF'd and still attended for the first 2 weeks i made sure i sat right in the middle. It was great having an entire row to myself.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PALE.EMPEROR:

When I was in, disfellowshipped people always sat in the back and left earlier than everybody else.

The religion should be grateful that any disfellowshipped people even want to come back.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

pale.emperor, your link leads to "(according a video at the 2017 RC)."

I am sure it was put in there for Nazi elders to enforce, but it is not official policy if some video suggests or even says it directly that it is so.

As pointed out, if DF'ed ones want congregation approval, they will cooperate and sit in the back. If you go to a Kingdom Hall and don't want reinstatement, there is no "rule" about this.

I recall someone DF'ed saying "I'm not supposed to talk to you (JW's)." But that isn't true either. THEY are not supposed to talk to the DF'ed one. S/he can talk to whomever they please if they are not kissing asses seeking reinstatement.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I would think that in most cases, the DF'd person would prefer to sit in the back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit