Evidence of a form of telepathy, science and personal experiences.

by Bad_Wolf 35 Replies latest social current

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme
    he idea of quantum effects in the macro world is a topic of study by some physicists

Did you not the EXTRAORDINARY circumstances they had to create to do this? And the size was still microscopic.

Also no one else has duplicated the experiment.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Well, WYDFme, "To each his own." I remain open to the possibilities.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    There are tons of things that fall into the category of supernatural and all should not be treated equal.

Well there is something equal about them, which is none of them have actual evidence to support them. It is on that basis that they are treated equally.

If mild form of telepathy is one day proven to be scientifically based and rational explanation, it will no longer be 'supernatural'.

Ok sure. Then let's agree to wait for that day to say that it's real.

• blondie
    blondie

cofty, I agree with your assessment. I have been accused of telepathy because I have the ability to remember and correlate a lot of data and see the conclusions that can be inferred, such as with my husband, workmates, and friends. But I can assure you that I can't do it with people I have never talked with, read their statements in other media sources, and observed their body language in person or on film or other sight-oriented sources.

It has been difficult to convince others that it was not something supernatural or other method.

Now, I may not be stating this in the scientific method, just my own analyzing what I use to come to my conclusion. I have been wrong, especially if I proceed without enough data.

Blondie, no, I'm not reading your mind now.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

redvip2000 - sure to each his own but...

Why escape a cult of crazy unprovable fantasy and fiction and then adopt an open mind to other silly crap with no basis at all? I don't get it?

By the way - there are about 80k astrophysicist and thousands of theoretical physicists.

These are the people who are ACTUALLY working with the math and experiments dealing with the quantum world, and the only ones who understand the implications AT ALL!!

Why is it only like NUTS like Deepak Chopra and other guys selling books who "KNOW" about the effects in the Marco World.

Geeze

• cofty
    cofty

blondie - Good point. There are so many clues that we receive without even being aware of it. Body language, transient facial expressions, hesitations etc etc. Most communication is non-verbal. Some people are better than others at picking up on them. There might be a gender bias there in favour of females but I'm not sure if there is data.

The other thing is that we are very good at noticing the things we get right and forgetting the many times we miss clues or make wrong assumptions — confirmation bias.

As soon as somebody says ‘quantum’ the conversation has bottomed-out. Quantum effects are what happen to particles so small a neuron or synapse looks like a planet by comparison.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    By the way - there are about 80k astrophysicist and thousands of theoretical physicists. - wilyouDFme
    You might find Stephen Hawking's last book, Brief Answers to the Big Questions interesting. Arguably one of the greatest theoretical physicists and scientific minds the world has ever known, he tackles questions regarding is there a God, predicting the future and alien life, in the most amazingly humble way. Notably he does not SHOUT at us willyouDFme. Perhaps you could emulate his intelligent example?
  • WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Xan - I have read all of Hawking's books. In none of them does he give credence to "A Spirit World" or "Magic" which is what these things always turn into.

FYI it's not shouting. Bold and CAPS are used to draw attention, they are not meant as a volume knob:)
    Sorry.

As soon as somebody says ‘quantum’ the conversation has bottomed-out. Quantum effects are what happen to particles so small a neuron or synapse looks like a planet by comparison.

Cofty - yes it does! Worst movie ever made was "What the bleep do we know". The scientist interviewed in that movie all were angry because of how out of context their quotes were. But people NEED to believe in magic, I get it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Actually he leaves the god question open as many have said on this forum we cannot say for sure there isn't one, we can only say the Christian God or any God who gives a damn about us doesn't exist.

'These things' don't always turn to magic at all, people are trying to suggest rational explanations, are you sure you have read a) Hawking b) this thread?

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Hawking in his own words.

He said during an interview with El Mundo in 2014: “Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation. What I meant by ‘we would know the mind of God’ is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God, which there isn’t. I’m an atheist.”
    “Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing,” the book states. “Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going.”
    In discussing the book, he told ABC News: “One can’t prove that God doesn’t exist. But science makes God unnecessary. … The laws of physics can explain the universe without the need for a creator.”
    He also explained throughout his life his thoughts on a possible afterlife, saying, “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    In 2011, his comments to the Guardian explained his stance further: “There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit