Evidence of a form of telepathy, science and personal experiences.

by Bad_Wolf 35 Replies latest social current

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I wonder if some of these things can be attributed to quantum entanglement. It would put a plausible 'scientific' explanation on it, even if not fully understood. Just hypothesizing, but at the quantum level the entanglement could be between both non-living things and living persons.

Perhaps some are more attuned to or sensitive to its effects than others, just like sometimes blind persons are more attuned to sound and other things than seeing persons are.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I'm amazed at quantum physics too Bobcat, especially that we can affect things at the quantum level by observing them. So there is a link between living and non-living things at that level. There's still so much we don't know. I agree no need for woo woo. Isn't she in the Mikado?

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme
    I made a post last night and I got a 'feeling' that a person would unfriend me for it.

7 billion people in the world all having feelings all the time. Gee I wonder if there would ever be a coincidence?

Please don't get caught up in that stuff, you will spend you life chasing shadows.

It is ALL BS.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme
    I'm amazed at quantum physics too Bobcat

IT ONLY IS RELATIVE AND HAS MEANING IN THE QUANTUM WORLD!!!!!

Listen, anytime someone who is NOT a particle or theoretical physicist starts talking about quantum stuff - it is the equivalent of a Snake Oil Salesman - RUN!!!

A-Holes who have gotten rich like Deepak Chopra!!!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

When I was young, I had a boyfriend. There were random times I would suddenly stop and think that he was going to call. Within a minute he would. It was only with him that would happen. It would always freak him out when I answered Hi Jack.

Another boyfriend I had who was very smart, had an even smarter friend. The army even was trying to get him to come work with them (instead of being a ski bum) He talked with his friend about particles. How it was possible for one to split and still have the same information. It's been a long time since I thought of it so I am afraid it's a little on the short side of info but that is the gist.

I do think there is more that is known but there is also a lot of quackery.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    IT ONLY IS RELATIVE AND HAS MEANING IN THE QUANTUM WORLD!!!!!

There is a saying among quantum physicists that anyone who claims to understand quantum physics doesn't fully understand it yet.

As I pointed out in my post above, I was simply wondering if "some of these things" might, in fact, have some basis in quantum entanglement. The idea of quantum effects in the macro world is a topic of study by some physicists: Here, for example.

Having said that, I certainly don't rule out coincidence in many cases. Nor am I saying quantum physics explains everything (although, QM did lead to the 'theory of everything' ).

Incidentally, here was an interesting thread from some years ago.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Here is a fascinating article on QM being used intentionally for communication in the real world. "There is nothing new under the sun." And, "Have you seen something and said, 'See, this is new.' It has already had existence for time indefinite." (Qoheleth)

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Xanthippe

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf
    The burden of proof is on those who claim there is a factual basis for 'supernatural' events.
    Attempts to uncover objective evidence has so far failed 100% of the time. It is not open-minded to reserve judgement on the supernatural. It is obtuse not to be deeply skeptical.

There are tons of things that fall into the category of supernatural and all should not be treated equal. That is also because once something 'supernatural' is understood, then it's no longer super natural. If mild form of telepathy is one day proven to be scientifically based and rational explanation, it will no longer be 'supernatural'. If telepathy or a form of it is real, if it was based on brain waves and perhaps operating similar to a radio signal, or something that has a scientific base that is much more different than saying spells and having no scientific explanation. It is not obtuse to be deeply skeptical, but it IS obtuse to be so skeptical as to write it off and never explore scientific methods of research into it again. (especially if can think of possibilities of rational explanations, such as telepathy example).

Time is another thing, time is not linear. Gravity, black holes, speed of light, we KNOW it can be manipulated. Maybe things such as premonitions are the mind interacting with time beyond ways we can understand at present (IF any of them are real vs coincidence or illusion).

I think it is good to be very skeptical, but not so extreme that future research will never happen when some things can have a true basis but we lacked the technology presently to detect or properly research.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

I don't believe in the supernatural. There is not evidence for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit