The Wheels On The Bus ...

by Solzhenitsyn 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Moster
    Moster

"The Bible clearly warns us not to lean on our own understanding."

Hmmmm 1John 4:1 seems to indicate otherwise: ""Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world."

• Moster
    Moster

November 13, 2018 A&E will air Leah Remini's piece on the JW's. I wonder how many will watch.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    The Bible clearly warns us not to lean on our own understanding.

If I get a headache, can I look into the Bible for a cure.

Of Course the Bible has good instructions about chopping off heads than curing headaches.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Doesn't the bible say somewhere that God would expose things done in secret? It's been a while since I last looked through it. Anyways, hopeful any current JW realize that maybe Jehovah is bringing out in the light all thing horrible things that have been done kept secret in that organization. Only the guilty will try to deflect their guilt on to someone or something else.

• snakeface
    snakeface

Even the New World Translation clearly teaches at 1 Timothy 2:5 that "there is one mediator between God and man, Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:28 "through Him [Christ] we have access to the Father..." this access is not through a F&D slave or through a Gov Body. John 14:16 Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life...no one comes to the Father except through me..." not through the F&D slave but through Jesus.

So even the F&D slave do not follow their own translation of the Bible.

• sir82
    sir82

If I get a headache, can I look into the Bible for a cure.

Of Course the Bible has good instructions about chopping off heads than curing headaches.

Head chopped off = no more headache. Problem solved!

It also has some pretty good advice on changing the color of sheep's wool, how to tell if a building has leprosy, and what to do if your neighbors demand to rape your houseguests..

• snakeface
    snakeface

And regarding "food at the proper time" that "food" is the Bible, which was completed around 100 A.D. Jesus said to satan in Matthew 4:4 "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from Jehovah's mouth." Not the F&D slave's mouth.

The Watchtower Bldg in Brooklyn's sign said, "Read God's Word The Holy Bible Daily". They had that right! They probably meant, "Read the Watchtower Magazine Daily" but ended up putting the real truth on the sign.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Head chopped off = no more headache. Problem solved!

I never realized this truth. Bible is Awesome

• EverApostate
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What thier saying is their god is less powerful than Satan because he can’t stop the attacks on the reputation of the organization. And he’s so weak that as the propaganda gets around the world the preaching work will be completely useless because of these lies. Poor weak and puny Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit