About 'Gigli'...

by Xander 16 Replies latest social humour

• Xander
    Xander

The new Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez movie?

Apparently, Al Qaida is claiming responsibility.

• obiwan
    obiwan

There was a columnist who said after see Gigli, they had to go see the movie Glitter, to wash the taste out of thier mouth.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I saw part of this movie being filmed; at the time I thought it looked good. I will still see it, but perhaps as a rental.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I read in the newspaper that the "f" word is uttered some 75 times. I don't think I'll pay to see that...I can utter the f word for free.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The internet movie database named it THE worst movie of all time.

http://www.imdb.com/bottom_100_films

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I read it cost $52 million to make. It only made $4 million opening weekend. It must be really really bad.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Jen and Ben also have another movie coming out called Jersey Girl or something like that. I wonder of that movie will flop too.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Thank God that the majority of the viewing public in the US & Canada HAVE NO IDEA that this movie is using the name of one of classical Opera's most famous 20th century tenors (Beniamino Gigli) who was known as "Il Pozzo" (the well). When Pavarotti was a child in the 30's, he watched the REAL "Gigli" finish two complete shows in the local theatre and then perform 4 additional hours of requests from the crowd. Also, the true pronunciation of Gigli is NOT "jee-lee" as hollywood pretends. It is actually "jeel-yee". In classical italian/modern academic italian, the GL sound is pronounced exactly similarly to the LL in spanish. There is a Y in there that is being forgotten. Anyway, the movie, like the placebo relationship is just another stunt. I have had enough of both of these characters. Matt Damon must be so ashamed of Ben, I know I am.

• teejay
    teejay

As a gag, one of the late-night talk shows took the entire audience to see the movie. As they exited, they all looked as if they were in a drug-induced stupor. The San Francisco Examiner said:

Simply put, "Gigli" is the worst movie in years; it's insulting and displays an almost complete ignorance of moviemaking. "Gigli" is so unrelentingly bad that people may want to see it just as a bonding experience; viewers (read: victims) will want to talk and comfort each other afterwards.

I don't think I'll be seeing it.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Unbeliever-

Jersey Girl is being made by Kevin Smith, who has a huge fan base, and is behind much of Ben's success.

I imagine it will do much better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit