Why would anyone choose to support Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by Half banana 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    I agree with Makemeanunbeliever... I don't like using the term homophobe either. I prefer to call them BIGOTS.
  • sir82
    sir82

Childish argument. I don't like murder, does that make me a murderphode? I don't like rape, does that make me a rapephobe? Geesh.

Facile argument.

Who is harmed when someone is murdered? Pretty easy to figure that one out.

Who is harmed when someone is raped? Ditto.

Who is harmed when 2 consenting adults engage in sex privately?

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Facile argument.

Who is harmed when someone is murdered? Pretty easy to figure that one out.

Who is harmed when someone is raped? Ditto.

Who is harmed when 2 consenting adults engage in sex privately?

Why are y'all changing the subject? My logic stands. However I don't personally care if others play with certain excrement body parts, but my God does. So I'm banking with him. His ballgame, his rules. Plus immorality spreads diseases, monogamy, not so much. Oh, and theres the procreation aspect. Besides, this thread was not about homosexuals. If you want to discuss homosexuality start your own thread.

• cofty
    cofty
    but my God does

Yep your god has a strange obsession about genitals.

So do many of his followers.

• cofty
    cofty
    Well, he did create them

No she didn't

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Makeme you stated

Seems like in most of the non-JW world, things like fowl language, smoking, recreational drug use, sexual loose conduct and innuendos, yelling, mock wrestling matches, gambling, excessive drinking, etc., are all viewed as okay.

This is so distorted, unrealistic.flawed, and highly judgmental with no ability to prove this statement you assert, because it is untrue.Completely untrue.

It has nothing to do with the "JW world" and non "jw world". Values, integrity morals are all within each individual and how they chose to practice. The JW have their fair share of immoral people practicing, and claiming to be "more spiritual" than non jws.

To try to claim that calling yourself a JW then means you are more moral or more spiritual is complete absurdity.

Tell me, who is following the gospel as it is meant to be followed in this situation: A homeless or otherwise needy person is obviously shivering from the cold on a bench next to a JW cart with literature. A non-JW fetches a blanket or coat, a sandwich, and cup of something warm to drink etc, and gives this to the man. The JWs at the cart either do not approach the man, waiting for him to approach them, or maybe they do approach the man to then hand him literature and preach.

Matt 25 - 43

WHO is the moral one in this story according to the gospel teachings. I suggest reading the ENTIRE book in context.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Makemeanunbeliever,

You do realize that supporting Jehovah's Witnesses is not a passive choice, right? I'm guessing you've only been associated with Jehovah's Witnesses for the past few years.

Consider:

Innocent people have died that could have been saved and had full lives (see changes in blood, Malawi, Nazi Germany)

Innocent children are sexually molested, brutally abused... and it goes unpunished and unreported, resulting in more children molested.

Millions have been robbed of reaching their full potential due to not attending college or pursuing dreams

Millions have had money stolen from them

Innocent people have had soul crushing lies pounded into their heads for over a century

How would you feel about someone that ran into a crowded theater and yelled "FIRE!" when there wasn't one? That is what JW's have been doing for over a century in field service.

How is it the best 'thing' going? How is it the best option? ANY support for this organization is a stand for something that kills innocent people and steals lives.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''How is it the best 'thing' going? How is it the best option? ANY support for this organization is a stand for something that kills innocent people and steals lives.''

The Borg is supported by the delusion of absolute health on a paradisiac environment and cheating death. By following an extremely-narrow path with unquestioning obedience.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If a glass of water has just one tiny drop of poison in it, would you drink it and reason, "well, most of it is not bad"????!!!!????

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HALF BANANA:

After what I experienced and learned, there is no way I would or could support this religion...But then again, I'd never support any other religion either.

Many people in the JW religion might be born-ins and have family and/or business connections and might be afraid to leave because of shunning, etc.

Some may be too old to start over and they are content with their social life. Others have emotional issues and it would be too traumatic to examine their religion and they would not leave no matter what.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit