http://home7.swipnet.se/~w-72891/CanadianClub/CCsales/ad.html

(clears throat)

Hey.
    I'm not a lumberjack,
    or a fur trader...
    and I don't live in an igloo
    or eat blubber, or own a dogsled...
    and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
    although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

I have a Prime Minister,
    not a President.
    I speak English and French,
    NOT American.
    and I pronouce it ABOUT,
    NOT A BOOT.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
    I believe in peace keeping, NOT policing.
    DIVERSITY, NOT assimilation,
    AND THAT THE BEAVER IS A TRULY PROUD AND NOBLE ANIMAL.
    A TOQUE IS A HAT,
    A CHESTERFIELD IS A COUCH,
    AND IT IS PRONOUCED 'ZED' NOT 'ZEE', 'ZED'!

CANADA IS THE SECOND LARGEST LANDMASS!
    THE FIRST NATION OF HOCKEY!
    AND THE BEST PART OF NORTH AMERICA!

MY NAME IS JOE!
    AND I AM CANADIAN!

• Valis
    Valis

Canadians are cool....Brother Beans is great although he couldn't outdrink me....not that I would use that against him or anything...*LOL*

I will say though it is the Brits and Canooks that have come closest to consuming more beer than I...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Englishman
    Englishman

A couch is a settee in my book.

But zed is zed, enough said!

Englishman.

• talesin
    talesin

Simon

that is a lovely poem. thanks. gonna copy and put in my poem treasury.

tal

ps. kinda reminds me of another favourite

I am a lumberjack and I'm Okay!

I sleep all nite and I work all day ....

(all hail the great MP)

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Talesin,

I guess I could have reversed by expression if that would have please'd you. I have used this expression frequently at work when referring to our Canadian operations. Since we (my employer) now handles all North American operations from the US (yes, we down-sized) but still trade as a domestic Canadian company in Canada, pay taxes to the Canadian government, and charge GST, PST and QST, everything we do is the same logistically except where Canada is diferent. That is we trade in Canadian dollars, print bi-lingual documents and charge Canadian taxes, yet customer service is located in the US and we have no physical inventory in Canada. Our customer in Toronto can place an order and receive goods the next day but doesn't import goods because that has already been done via our near "virtual" company.

In other words it's a joke.

Thirdson

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Now Aztec (bless her wee heart), lives pretty much right on the border in Detroit, Michigan. Even though she's within eyesight of Canuckistan, she still has that Michigan (USA) accent. But it's cute when she speaks.

I don't have an accent!

I had no problem entering Canada. They asked me a ton of questions but, they were very friendly. When I reentered the US I barely got asked a thing. They didn't know about the Cuban cigar I was hiding in my purse...LOL! Most Detroiters love Canucks! They're alot like us; they like beer and hockey and understand the logistics of navigation in a blizzard. I suppose certain, uptight individuals might have a problem with Canada because of their non support of the war but, alot of Americans didn't agree with it either. Most of us can differentiate between a country and it's citizens.

Too all my friends in Canada...

~Aztec

• talesin
    talesin

right on, thirdson, tks for replying. Just didn't get it. Actually, I'm a little confused right now by yr reply but that's OK with me. Isn't the CDN tax situation a bitch? We may have universal health care (hooray) but a lot of other monetary systems are really f**ked up!!

I love my "American Cousins", so I hope you're not offended. Tks once again.

tal

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Aztec: repeat after me: PORT URINE......er was that Port Huron.

What about: PAWNIAC....er was that Pontiac.

Sheesh, this Michigan folks...always trying to be special...geewillikers!

But ya gotta hand it to them: Kalamazoo

They sure can come up with some amazing names.

I think it eventually boils down to being either Canadian or American: only the two of us, have that inate skill of identifying each other blindfolded.

• blondie
    blondie

My husband and I love visiting Canada. We have been over and back over the border many times over the years, all along the border and since 9-11. No problems either way. No hassles from either the US or Canadian staff. In fact we are going to Canada for our "holidays" in the fall and anticipate no problems. We bring our birth and marriage certificates just to be safe, since I was born in a foreign country. I have been to most of the provinces except Newfoundland and the 2 by the Arctic, and PEI.

Blondie

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

LOL @ Mary

I love Rick Mercer and "This Hour Has 22 Minutes"... I saw "Talking to Americans" and thought it was a total hoot!!!!! LOL

I love it when Marg does her Zena bit with the politicians too... an absolute scream!

I agree that Sadam had to be dealt with... but it was the US who got him where he was in the first place... he got his training from the US during Iraq's war with Iran so it is fitting that the US got him out of Iraq... but it was an american issue... one they knew they had to deal with and Canada has nothing to do with it....and I think the US should keep him out of Iraq... I hope they get the rest of the bastards that they help install in the middle east too.... cripes... they should know better by now....re:Columbia...*shakes head and sighs*

Toodles for now Mary... and sorry it took so long to get back to you.... our power was out...

Inq

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit