What kind of cheese do you like?

by Iamallcool 22 Replies latest jw friends

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Almost any Dutch cheese, such as Old Amsterdam, Goudse, Edammer but also French Brie and Danish Blue.

• HB
    HB

I confess to being a cheesaholic.

Many years ago, age 17, I had just returned from a school trip to Russia and Eastern Europe & had not had any cheese for 3 weeks. On arrival home, after taking off my rucksack & saying hello to my elderly Grandmother who lived with my family, (my parents were away at the time), the first thing I did was to head for the kitchen in search of cheese.

I was hoping there would be one of my favourites, mature Cheddar, Red Leicester or Double Gloucester in the fridge.

Even better, on a cutting board on the worktop, to my surprise and delight, there was a large square lump of my favourite Caerphilly cheese, sitting on its wax wrapper with a kitchen knife alongside.

(For non cheese lovers, Caerphilly is a delicious, very white, hard crumbly cheese with a mild, salty, buttermilk taste. It originated in Wales.

My eyes lit up and my mouth watered. I couldn't even wait long enough to find some crackers and with a blissful look of anticipation on my face, cut myself a large wedge and stuffed it in my mouth.

My pleasure turned to horror as I crunched into a polystyrene-like texture and my mouth felt as if it was on fire with a ghastly petroleum-like taste.

I ran to spit it out and wash my mouth out, then I looked again at the packet. It was a lump of firelighter. My grandmother had been cutting it up into slivers on the kitchen board to start the fire in the living room and had not yet tidied it away.

It took a day to get rid of the taste, which I still remember now, but thankfully it didn't put me off cheese!

My other favourite English Cheese is Wensleydale (from Yorkshire).

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Hog's head cheese, I'am from the south. It will make you slap your mommy.......

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I like mine "very runny."

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Blue D'Avergne not sure if I spelled that right and now I'm hooked on German Swiss.

cheeses from street fairs are usually made from raw milk I think so they taste different than the cheeses sold at a cheese shop. I usually buy two or three different ones to find out which are my faves.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Camebert.

Bake that shit with some nice bread. Serve with beer.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Halloumi, grilled or deep fried

• daveysmithy30
    daveysmithy30

I love Wensleydale Cheese with Cranberries. Very crumbly with the nice tartness of cranberries!

Go on! Have some now!!

More details on here:

http://www.wensleydale.co.uk/home/28-real-yorkshire-wensleydale-cranberries.html

Any UK posters on here beg to think differently with the supermarket own brands are better or not?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Usually anything with a kick:

Extra mature cheddar

Feta

St Agur (French blue cheese) - the crème version is fantastic!

• sir82

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit