What kind of cheese do you like?

by Iamallcool 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool
    I went to www.sensibus.com and they have 160 different kinds of cheese. I just do not know which cheese I want to order. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

Cheddar Sharp cheese!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Anything not bland

Awake 8 August 1986, pages 25 to 27

Cheese — Are You a Connoisseur?

“A little cheese before dessert?” inquires our hostess, presenting an appetizing, well-stocked cheese board. Yes, here in France, a meal “according to the rules” should always include cheese.

In France the average consumption of cheese is 18 kilograms (40 lb) per person per year—a world record. There are many varieties to choose from. In fact, some say that a person living in France could, theoretically, eat a different cheese every day of the year!

Have you ever wondered how such a variety of colors, aromas, and flavors can come from such a relatively neutral-tasting product as milk? There are three main steps: coagulating, draining, and curing. Let us talk first about coagulating.

Link to scans

Awake 8 March 1981, pages 24 to 26

Cheese — What Gives It That Flavor?

You may have enjoyed a glass of milk with your breakfast this morning. But where is it now? What’s happened to it?

The glass of milk has triggered a fascinating reaction within your digestive system. Did you know that your stomach responds to milk in a way that nearly parallels the steps followed in making cheese? In fact, cheesemaking is really an artificial digestion, an outright imitation of what takes place within the stomach of milk-drinking persons and animals.

Awake 22 November 1954, pages 9 to 11

Cheese Around the World

Thirty-five hundred years ago the three oldest sons of Jesse were fighting in the Israelite army and their father sent their young brother David with supplies for them, including 'ten cheeses'.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Pruyere. Yum. overall fave.

Best cheese found in unexpected place was a cheddar, sharp, at a cheese counter at Lebnan square in cairo. It was cheap, In a big block that I'd point at and they'd cut it. So delicious, and after a bad bout of food poisoning (dont eat a green salad in Egypt unless you prepare it yourself) it may have kept me from starving. swiss is good sometimes but often disappoints. parmesan is good. Intense and works almost everywhere.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Give me a good smoked cheddar.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Richard Cheese of course!

I Melt With You

• sparky1
  • blondie
    blondie

Sharp cheddar

Baby swiss

Feta

Havarti

Brick

Colby

but never Limburger

Best cheese is from Wisconsin

• Tallon
    Tallon

Mild / medium Cheddar

Cottage cheese

Feta

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Some cheeses go well with some foods/drinks and don't with some others. Some are better for a snack, some are better with wine. It depends on what kind of meal and purpose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit