Office Jargon, drives me nuts

by punkofnice 30 Replies latest social humour

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Yup. whatever happened to simply saying what you mean, ay?
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Well Punk at least office jargon has been " taken to the next level" from when female staff were referred to as " birds" " she's fit" or " bunny". Those were the days when " Be there or be square" "and " feel the funk" were at least " buzz" words I could understand the meaning of. Nowadays I find myself having to desifer the meaning to "buzz" words such as " square the circle" which I think is supposed to sound clever, but actually I have no idea what the guy is saying.

Anyway I must get back to my " strategic staircase" which I think means continue on my business plan. So I won't let " the grass grow to long" with this post " may the force be with you" and I hope we can " touch base latter"

The Rebel.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Reb - See you later aligator
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

my bro in laws phrase was--" at this present moment in time"

i think he meant------------- now.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    Lol. The sheeple make the same sounding bleets to reassure themselves and eachother. Glad i'm not in that 'fold' ;)
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Loaded language. Abstract language. I'm onboard with this!
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

How about:
    You could see jehobers Hand In The Matter.

Or

I left it in gods hands.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Found quote (not mine)

"Sometimes, I use big words I don't always fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis."

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Nah... the worst, by far is this...

"We've been working on this for the past month" ... in reality you know that only a call or an email has been sent and most people involved are running away from the responsibility of having to make a decisions on it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I think I'll try and start my own jargon....hmmmmm, where to begin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit