Women in this Org are looking for a Father Figure

by xjwsrock 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

This is a rant mainly in response to my wife's reaction to the stupid CLAM meeting last night.

Bear in mind, while I am not sexist, I am also not politically correct.

It is no secret that the women in this organization outnumber the men. Walk into any random kingdom hall and you will see a ratio of roughly 2:1... if not more. "Unbelieving Mates" are husbands 90% of the time.

I looked around the hall last night and saw several middle-aged women there alone. Most of them are married. I watched my wife lap up the new meeting program and later talk about how much she enjoyed it. 'Great', I thought to myself, just when I was making some mental-fading headway with her.

I saw something in her I may have missed before. She wants the org to tell her what to do. She wants the org to tell her she is being a bad girl or good girl. She can't let go of the warm and fuzzies of Jehovah up in the sky looking over her. Like a lot of women, unfortunately, she had (and still has) a bad relationship with her father.

It seems she is using the org to fill that void. I look around the kingdom hall and wonder if the same story isn't true of the other middle-aged women clinging to this org even as they drag in late looking miserable as hell.

By the same token, shame on the GB for exploiting these vulnerable women just so they can mass together their throngs to hang on their every word.

Hey Governing Body... you are duplicitous, self-serving scumbags. You know it. Many many other people know it... Unfortunately for you, some of those people are judges in court rooms. May 2016 bring more lawsuits and more scathing press exposing your hypocrisy and hidden agenda.

Rant over....

• blondie
    blondie
    It is no secret that women outnumber men in many religions, especially Christian ones.
  • GodZoo
    GodZoo

I just nearly spat my cereal over the screen. I though I read:

"just so they can mass together in their thongs"

• brandnew
    brandnew
    WHO'S YOUR MAD PUPPY DADDY??????!!!!!!!!!!😈
  • blondie
    blondie
    Freudian slip
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yep. It was foretold that evil men would slyly work their way into women's lives, playing on their desires.

DD

• talesin
    talesin

I am the first to admit to being "daddy's gurl". It's true, that the relationship between child and opposite-sex parent is a special one.

She wants the org to tell her what to do. She wants the org to tell her she is being a bad girl or good girl.

This, though, can be changed. There is the aspect of the b'Org, but the 'critical voices' in one's head are the ones implanted by the b'Org. Scripts that were 'learned' in childhood - the bad parent in your head, always criticizing, always saying "BAD GIRL". Look up "transactional analysis", and you may get a better understanding of the need for approval. She needs to learn to be her own parent, and be able to hear and reinforce positive messages. xx

• cofty
    cofty

There is a similar phenomenon in evangelical christianity.

Jesus is my Boyfriend...

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"She wants the org to tell her what to do."

We see this exact thing in our family. The women (our experience only/family) have the personality that really don't want to put much effort into anything. If we want to them to put effort into it, we have to reason with them why to do it and even assist them in doing it. They need a lot of prodding. The JW religion works great for them, it does everything for you and tells you what to do and when to do it. No critical thinking involved. It's perfect for them.

You know the story about the little engine that said, "I think I can, I think I can." These women say, "I think I can't, I think I can't." Yikes....so frustrating!

• park ave boy
    park ave boy

Good! You said what needs to be said and make no apologies for it. I like that. I also have stories about being in a hall with 80% women who think they are elderetts.

She wants the org to tell her what to do. She wants the org to tell her she is being a bad girl or good girl. She can't let go of the warm and fuzzies of Jehovah up in the sky looking over her. Like a lot of women, unfortunately, she had (and still has) a bad relationship with her father.

It seems she is using the org to fill that void. I look around the kingdom hall and wonder if the same story isn't true of the other middle-aged women clinging to this org even as they drag in late looking miserable as hell.

That's 99.9% of all JWs and religion in general. The same applies to the men as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit