Governing Body Geoffrey Jackson in a Skirt! Is this for real??????

by mrmagic 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

Saw a video with Geoffrey Jackson giving a talk on stage in a skirt. Is this for reall??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m0d4iTKTMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stLxKmPdCWM

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Judging from the clunky sandals he's wearing, the woven mats and palm trees behind him and the non-english language he's speaking, I'd say he's in some island country, perhaps Samoa where men wear wraps or sarongs because of the heat and humidity.

Looks a bit odd with a suit jacket and tie and sort of defeats the cooling effect but rules are rules....wouldn't want to stumble anyone or detract from the message by not wearing a suit jacket and tie on stage.

• jaydee
    jaydee

OK, Now I know we need to heed the wise counsel about wearing tight pants,

but this is ridiculous .....

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Angus Stewart, " Is it true that members of the Governing Body have appeared in public wearing both men's and women's clothes at the same time, all the while condemning men who are wearing tight pants because, in the Governing Body's words, the homosexuals are designing these tight fitting pants to create a more friendly environment for the gay community."

Jackson, " That would be presumptuous of us..."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

We all know that his young, exotic wife is weaing the pants.....

DD 😻

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

At least the skirt was modest and covering his knees.

Rub a Dub

• St George of England
    St George of England

I think this experience was in a YB some time ago. He was a missionary in Samoa and fell into a river on his way to give a talk, so a local elder loaned him the local attire.

George

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

So it's ok for JW men to wear skirts then, or does it depend on whether or not they are in a male skirt wearing country? Would a man in Big Bend, Mississippi be disfellowshipped for cross dressing, but if he were in Samoa or Scottland it would be alright?Or is it ok to wear the traditional skirts as long as you were at an international convention.

I don't get the traditional dress up thing. The average person from those countries does not dress in traditional clothes. Why would they all of a sudden start dressing in traditional clothes at an *American* convention? LMFAO

• Giordano
    Giordano

"Why would they all of a sudden start dressing in traditional clothes at an *American* convention?"

I am sure the Society 'encouraged them' to show up with traditional clothes as a visual way of showing the world how diverse the JW's are. Like JW.Org pins it's an advertisement.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

At Twickenham 2 years ago SIs Blues was muttering darkly about those from South America or Japan preening themselves and just loving the attention of all those taking pictures of their National Dress. "Most unchristian" was the view - and she was not alone in that attitude . We speculated that really ,afterwards, they went home to South London, but that was just being grumpy!

Back to dear old Geoffrey, perhaps he should read these lines from the Sept 2016 Wt article on dress - this from the simple edition :

p3] "From the Law, we learn that Jehovah is not pleased with clothing that makes men look like women, that makes women look like men, or that makes it hard to see the difference between men and women. Today, the style that does not make the difference clear is called unisex fashion
    p7] So no matter where we live, as Jehovah’s Witnesses we should avoid offending others by the way we dress.
    p11] When God’s servants have to decide what to wear, they know that “there is a time for every activity and every action.”

After all, he says he is on the Writing Committee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit