Governing Body Geoffrey Jackson in a Skirt! Is this for real??????

by mrmagic 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

One standard for them, another for the rank and file... and one man in a skirt to rule them all... lol.

I guess the local people are supposed to be impressed by this, how friendly-seeming and accepting-seeming are the JWs to their culture.... But it is all for show, as we all well know.

• Listener
    Listener

Big brother, Morris is going to be mad.

• possum
    possum

I tried to load this the other day. We were In Samoa at an assembly. My husband did the embarrassing zoom-ins of the legs! Don't you love the cultural misappropriation Wikipedia:Cultural elements which may have deep meaning to the original culture can be reduced to "exotic" fashion by those from the dominant culture. When this is done, critics of cultural appropriation say the imitator, "who does not experience that oppression is able to 'play,' temporarily, an 'exotic' other, without experiencing any of the daily discrimination's faced by other cultures. (Samoa is impoverished but he can come from his ivory castle in New York to play native). At this assembly,we videoed him also using the extremely competitive and physical game of 'rugby union' to get the audiences attention.( Rank and file Jws can't even play violin).

• Listener
    Listener

Possum, how common are these men skirts? Do all the Elders wear them on stage or out witnessing?

• possum
    possum

We were on holiday from Australia. We went witnessing when we were there, from memory, most of the Samoan brothers wore suits and western garb. Most of the local wear shorts. This video was taken in Western Samoa which is a bit more traditional and more impoverished than the other island of American Samoa. The witnesses from American Samoa have the opportunity to travel to the states and some of the younger brothers had incredibly western style flamboyant suits.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The new dress code for all JW men.

It resembles the ancient first century Christians and therefore shows pure righteousness before Jah.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Geoffrey is going through a sexual reorientation change from a man into a woman but he's taking it very slowly.

He says he planing to change his name to Georgina Jackson in the near future.

• possum
    possum

Just a pretentious powerful white male playing "native" while he protects corrupt publishing company by lying to Roayl Commission in Australia, suppports 2 witness rule and persuctes child abuse victuims.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Ahem!!!! And where are his stockings??? No bare legs in skirts allowed!!!

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

Possum thank you for chiming in and thanks to you and your husband for making video! I thought that this was disrespectful to the natives. Why do JW's dress up in native garb from other countries? It is an insult to many people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit