Jesus is Michael the Archangel

by Fisherman 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

It seems to me that the JW teaching that Jesus is an archangel comes from that one scripture about Jesus returning with the sound of an archangel. As Vanderhoven has shown there is much more evidence in Scripture to say that He isn't.

Also Jews believe in the existence of at least 7 archangels . So the Jews reading that verse would not automatically think of Michael.

Jan

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Jesus to angel. You are now one step away from fallen angel.

Jesus left heaven and came to earth. That could be spun that into falling to earth. See where this is going? A few little alterations here and there and it is possible to completely change Jesus' identity into Satan the Devil. Granted those who know the Bible wont be fooled but those without that knowledge might be.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Heretics have been around since the very beginning 2000 years ago. They are a special breed all their own.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The book called A Complete Concordance to the American Standard Version of the Holy Bible: A help specially designed to promote the study and to aid in the clear understanding of the Word of God, by M. C. Hazard, Ph.D. (copyright 1922 by Thomas Nelson & Sons and published by them) says the following under the heading of "SHEOL". "The supposed placed of the dead, to which all go, and conceived of as in the depths of the earth. It is a vast, gloomy region, entered in through gates. To what extent its inhabitants were believed to be conscious is uncertain. It is also called the pit (Ps. 28:1; 30:3, and Abaddon (destruction) in Jb. 26:6; 28:22; Pr. 15:11, etc.)". Notice the phrases which I placed in boldface.

The same concordance under the heading of "HADES" says the following. "The abode of the dead, supposed to be in the center of the earth."

I own a copy of that concordance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit