Favorite Quotations from Movies

by compound complex 80 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

"The way you walked was thorny, through no fault of your own, but as the rain enters the soil, the river enters the sea, so tears run to a predestined end. Now you will have peace for eternity." -- Maleva, The Wolf Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q64tjjmLF04

• a watcher
    a watcher

The perfect one for this website: "You can't handle the Truth!"

LOL! Let the gnashing of teeth begin...

• waton
    waton

"It is not what you eat, but with whom." from the late 30s,early 40s. so:

beware of eating with talking snakes

• ironsnake656
    ironsnake656

V for Vendetta: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WZ0XSf23rs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It is better to be looked over ...than overlooked .

Mae west.

Is that a gun in your pocket ...or are you just happy to see me.

Lauren Bacall

Who`s on first (the whole shebang of baseball ) of Abbot and Costello

Come up and see me sometime

Mae West

Get your stinking paws off me

Charlton Heston (planet of The Apes.

When I`m good I`m very good but when I`m bad I`m better

Mae West

• Annon
    Annon

Anytime I think about J.W. meetings I remember the quote from Madagascar 2.

"Sorry do you mind going back, this is 1st class, it's nothing personal it's just that we are better than you"

- King Julian

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

CoCo I love your quote.

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator

Certainly true for Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard, may their beautiful music last for eternity

• Tallon
    Tallon

'Sometimes it is the people no-one imagines anything of who do the things that no-one can imagine'

Alan Turing (The Imitation Game)

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

"I was quit when I when I came in here. I'm twice as quit now." - Harrison Ford as Rick Deckard, Blade Runner 1982

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@ironsnake656 Adding onto your quote from V for Vandetta:

"We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas, I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them... but you cannot kiss an idea, cannot touch it, or hold it... ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love..."

Over a century ago, a businessman from Pennsylvania had an idea that evolved into one that could not love, let alone be touched. An idea that has killed people due to stubborn doctrines, caused others to die defending these ideas in certain countries, and an idea that has molded and shaped us, sometimes from our most formative years. Without this idea, many of our parents would have never met and conceived us, and this commentary would not be in existence because there would be no forum for former Witnesses. This fantastically improbable series of events that brings us here today can be traced back to a mere idea that got printed and distributed in the late 1800s.

Never underestimate the intangible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit