Mad max, star trek or super heros?

by Jayk 17 Replies latest social humour

• LoveUniHateExams
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Nah, Mad Max, Star Trek and Superheroes are all to cool.

Idiocracy definitely except not as funny.

A blend of 1984 and Idiocracy.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Some say or future, is going to be like the movie Mad Max. Other say it will be like Star trek. But if the comic books are correct we're about to see the first generation of super heros and I'm convince one is Donald Trump

Nah, neither the future nor Donald Trump matter to me.

• Jayk
    Jayk

Sparrow it will be idiocracy and the road. Scratchme I don't know where you're from but trump is doing great things.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think Kim Jong Un will "Trump" President Donald in the long run with the Nuke deal

• WTDeserter
    WTDeserter

This post gives a very good and funny account of the "paradise" avaiting the faithful according to WT:

http://www.4witness.org/what-about-life-after-armageddon-is-over-a-personal-diary/

Love the part on "I'll have to remember to keep my hands in my pockets when I date any sisters."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm convince one is Donald Trump.

Yes but only in his own mind, like a deluded megalomaniac would.

In the American consciousness the one who ousts Trump out of office will become a national hero.

• Simon
    Simon

Super heroes are comic book fiction, defy physics and ain't gonna happen so let's discount that.

The question is whether mankind thrives and excels, developing ever advanced technologies and colonizes the universe or whether we make a compete hash of things and end up scratching out a living a in a post-apocalyptic wasteland of our own making.

Here's a sobering thought: either way, whatever happens, at some point there will be no people left. Maybe it will be a sudden mass-extinction event, maybe we'll die scattered about the cosmos, but there will be the last humans ever to live at some point. Maybe they will be like us. Maybe they will laugh at the thought of us. Maybe they will cry at all the things we had and wasted.

Mad Max was just on TV. Great movie and amazing makeup - anyone who can make Charlize Theron look less than smoking hot deserves an Oscar. Watch her in "Monster", pretty incredible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit