The downfall of the Governing Body

by john.prestor 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I want to say I appreciate all the different view points expressed. It is good to considered other's perspectives on the subject.

I just think from my own perspective which I admit kind of biases me towards their complete and total annihilation as a corporation. I recognize that or leave space for that happening. That being said I don't think the Governing Body in the driver seat of Jehovah's Chariot bodes well for the corporation's financial survival, they have shrunk their brains to make it this far in the cult they are in such denial over their F&DS delusion nobody can snap them out of it, and they project their own evil onto their victims,,, need I go on and on about how stupid these guys are????That being said if they are not removed from power these guys will drive it off a muched deserved financial cliff.

I kind of look at it as a sort of Yin and Yang thing. I should cast some yarrow stalks, I Ching to see what state of change this GB is in but I'm too lazy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

If you'd been on this site for any length of time and/or read other exjw sites, you'll see that the common thread is that they will slowly decline at the least, and implode at the most.

Either way, the religion is in hospice.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

I think their out goings are still far more then the money they are getting in.I think a lot of the third world bethels are not paying their way.So if out of 80 bethels 60 have a shortfall of $100,000 per year thats $6 million that is needed every year JUST to keep the bethels going

• Half banana
    Half banana

Yes Pepperheart if your figures are correct, it reflects the apathy within the flock.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

johnamos – I was saying that two witnesses aren't needed if there's a confession, but I did add the proviso. 'unless of course he denies it later'. But you’re right I should have read the article first because that’s the situation they’re referring to. However, I would disagree with you on one point; I think they are downplaying the two witness rule in this situation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Let it be said the head editorial writers (Presidents and GB members) for the WTS were poorly educated self righteous arrogant assholes, along with being novice Bible theologians, but nevertheless they owned and ran their own publishing house.

Self made kings of their own self built Kingdom.
  • john.prestor
    john.prestor

Making sandcastles on the beach Finkelstein... and here comes the tide.

steve2, Diogenesister, dreamerdude, thanks for the encouragement guys. It helps me press on in my academic work, which isn't always easy I gotta tell you.

Diogenesister, I never thought of it that way but you're right, we're looking to protect Jehovah's Witnesses by revoking the two witness rule and yet the Governing Body still wants to pretend they're doing an excellent job already, I'm thinking of Steven Lett saying "if anyone takes action to protect our young ones it's Jehovah's organization." What action, Steven? What action have you taken?

steve2, I'm with you there, the organization's growth in the mid-20th century was impressive, no denying that, but it's time for it to change and grow and yet... we only see stagnation. They could always throw out a new date for Armageddon, they teased 2034 a while back and Flodin hinted at 2040 but the Governing Body hates looking like idiots (too late) and they would have to own the date like they owned 1975. I can't see them doing that.

Brokeback watchtower, right, that's part of the problem, the only way you get in the driver's seat of the chariot so to say is to kowtow to the driver for years, never questioning their direction or where they're going... Too bad.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The only one(s) who are on this chariot are the leaders of the Watchtower Corporation and their coerced followers or exploited sales representatives the so called Jehovah's Witnesses.

God isn't on it or his son.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Dreamerdude - "I also believe the GB is unnerved and in defensive mode..."

It's called the "nightmare stage" of Wishful Thinking...

...when you place all your hopes and dreams on the assumption that you're right, but it still all starts going to shit 'cause you're wrong, no matter how often you keep doubling down.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The GB today may be slightly unnerved that the doctrines created by the organization and longingly held to for many decades are assuming false but they know what they personally have in the elevated stature, privilege and money left in their hands by the past and present believers are certainly worth holding onto.

From that conscience acceptance you can bet they will twist more scriptures or whatever it takes to keep themselves looking viable and not lying corrupt charlatans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit