There is always one!

by Isambard Crater 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

APPARENTLY, he hasn't Googled Jehovah's witnesses. Lol

• dozy
    dozy

Hmmm - did he actually turn up? Or was he one of the many who , when given an invitation , politely thanked the caller , perhaps mumbled "I'll see" or some other platitude when asked if they would attend , and closed the door?

Even if he did turn up , that doesn't mean that he is an interested person ready to be dunked. People turn up at the meetings or the convention for any number of reasons. Some are curious - others maybe are interested in religion and attend a few churches. I went to a political party meeting out of mild curiosity and the hope of making some new friends after fading from the JWs a few years ago after a friend asked me. I was "love bombed" as soon as I arrived - it was pretty obvious that not many new people who weren't already related or in the club turned up. It wasn't for me for various reasons and I have never been back.

Frankly - why would any "worldly" person really want to go to the convention? The conventions are very much "preaching to the converted" - targeted ( as ever ) at keeping JWs in , at least for another year. Any normal person who wasn't already a JW or on their way towards becoming indoctrinated would be aghast and even offended at the way non JWs are depicted ( for example , in the "Lot's wife" videos ).

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

He is about 60 and his life seems sorted, so why the hell would this type of person want to go to a convention named "Don't Give Up!", which in itself sounds really creepy?

There's something in what he heard or saw that speaks to him. Whatever made them tick has nothing to do with his wealth.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

was it nicholas van hoogstraaten ? the watchtower are welcome to him. ideal.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The unusual thing is, this man is a millionaire having built a property portfolio. He is about 60 and his life seems sorted, so why the hell would this type of person want to go to a convention named "Don't Give Up!", which in itself sounds really creepy

Maybe he sees a group of people who are "ripe for the picking" for his next real estate marketing scheme.

Tom Cruise and his kind, are millionaires but they got mixed up in Scientology anyway.

• steve2
    steve2

This is based on your sister's pro-JW report of what a man told her husband.

So, it's now third hand.

Who knows what's been added and/or left out.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I tried not to assess and report the financial standing of the people I called on, it just didn't seem right to me, I thought it personal information and irrelevant,

:0)

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

The worst thing about this news is that the 'sister' who told me is using it as a motivator for me, as she knows I'm spiritually weak, so she says things like "If someone like this is attracted to Jehovah's organisation, then surely it shows it's the truth and we're all so glad to be part of it".

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

moreconfusedthanever, and all newbs

PIMO: Physically in mentally out

PIMI :hysically in mentally in

POMI: physically out mentally in

POMO:Physically out mentally out

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

@Isambard Crater,

I'm reminded of one of Jesus' teachings/illustrations regarding "a rich man, the Kingdom and 'the eye of a sewing needle' " Oh well, maybe Jesus was wrong as well regarding hypocrites, lol, I know how frustrating it is talking to those who so easily reject/ignore things that they don't like,

:0)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit