There is always one!

by Isambard Crater 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

I am PIMO but attended the R.C yesterday for family pressure reasons. A "sister" I've not seen for a while told me her husband is overjoyed because a man he called on recently in the field service suddenly told him he wanted to attend the R.C. The unusual thing is, this man is a millionaire having built a property portfolio. He is about 60 and his life seems sorted, so why the hell would this type of person want to go to a convention named "Don't Give Up!", which in itself sounds really creepy?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Because unfortunately nobody is immune to cult recruitment tactics...

Maybe the guy is lonely and loves the JW attention.

Maybe the guy is scared for his death coming closer.

Maybe.....something else. Who knows.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Pardon my ignorance but what does PIMO stand for?

• smiddy
    smiddy

this man is a millionaire having built a property portfolio. He is about 60 and his life seems sorted,

Maybe he is just curious not knowing anything about JW`s beliefs.however attending a RC should set him straight that he has set foot into a cult environment.

Or maybe he is in early stages of dementia and just needs people around him.

Whatever his situation I feel sorry for him and wish I could have a conversation with him.

pimo , Physically In Mentally Out.

• Chook
    Chook

He will be felt most welcome and his inheritance will be accepted by the warriors of Warwick. Money and brains don't go hand in hand.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Thank you smiddy

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He and the WT share an interest in property.

• waton
    waton

portfolio? in some places just owning one run down shack makes you a millionaire.

The meek will inherit the Earth, he wants more. The Earth will be owned by partakers. GC, OS will be only tenants,

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@moreconfusedthanever I asked the same question about a month ago. It stands for Physically In, Mentally Out. :)

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Maybe he's ill and wants to be "insured" in case it is the truth. Although, i could think of a lot more appealing afterlives than the JW version.

Give me Valhalla any day of the week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit