What Were You or Someone You Knew Counseled For That Was Ridiculous?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In bed by 10:30 on top of that! And laughing! Shame!!

• deell_jade
    deell_jade

One of my friends dad's was abusive to him, his brothers, and his mom/wife - physical and verbal/mental. I even witnessed it once. I was maybe 19 at the time...1990s.

She decided to "separate" from him...in JW terms :) . So I helped them move out of their house when he was away on a business trip. He came back in the middle of the move-out, and started getting all agitated and upset and looked like he was going to do something to his kids again. So I jacked that mother F*** in his back HARD. I was pretty swole at the term, so I know I hurt em. He didn't even try to fight me....

I was counseled and removed as an MS for that. Would still do it again. Wife wound up divorcing that sorry POS.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes, counselled for wearing white socks when I was 14 years old. I was told gay people wear white socks. As if being a teenagers wasn't confusing enough.

• minimus
    minimus

White socks?? Lol

I know of a congregation that required all Sunday public talk speakers to wear a white shirt. If a visiting speaker came by and did not have the proper white shirt, the congregation kept a supply of all sizes so that the speaker could give the talk in the required white shirt.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I was on the ministerial school and it seem every week or month I had a #2 talk. Plus coming home to do homework for school work. I told them to remove me from the school. Was talked too many times. How this was more important then my high school education. I would not rejoin the school. I was soft shunned and marked.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

The congregation I was in when I was newly married liked making rules that were above and beyond what even the Governing Body required.

The elder body (mainly the Presiding Overseer) had decreed that any time a ministerial servant or elder was on stage, they had to wear a suit, not a sport coat (the Org only required this of the Sunday speaker). I didn't comply, so the P.O. and one of his henchmen paid me a visit.

They reminded me of their new rule.

I told them,

1. I've gained some weight, as many people do, since getting married. I only have one suit that fits me. I'm on stage a lot because I'm one of the few who is willing to volunteer for talks or reading the watchtower at the last minute. You're not expecting me to wear the same suit to every meeting are you?

2. Since I'm newly married our budget is tight at the moment and I can't afford a new suit. I'm not trying to obstruct your rule, in fact, if you guys would like to buy me a new suit I'll gladly wear it.

They backed way down and never brought the subject up with me again.

• minimus
    minimus

Good one

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Back in 1996, my daughter split from her lazy ass no-account JW husband. Her Grandmother (my Mother) who was a DF'd JW since 1973 because of the idiotic smoking ban, spent most of her day cooking. That's what she loved to do for my Father (never a JW), me (being widowed that year), and my daughter who worked full time to pay her bills plus a mortgage that the lazy ass wouldn't. Plus, Grandma would send my daughter home with a ton of food to get her through. The elders got wind of me and my daughter spending time with Grandma. We had been doing this for years. So what did the gestapo do? They came to my home and read the riot act about socializing with DF'd family. I got pretty heated up and asked if I should make my Mother go to the basement of her own home while I visited Dad. Those idiots were so adamant that I threw them out of my house. This was repeated again about two months later. That's when my daughter started going to a different KH. About 6 months later, I left that KH for a different one.

The best thing to come out of this was that in a few years, my daughter and myself became POMO's.

• minimus
    minimus

Disfellowshipped family members were always interesting. If elders had family members that were disfellowshipped, they would not push the issue. If not, you would get the Gestapo, I like that, on your back. Some bodies were regularly counseled to the laxness of them implementing the Society’s rules.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Mine was generally:

- Beards/letting my hair grow out

- Driving too fast

- Blowjobs while married

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit